Bulk TTL Update

Sorry, a ticket needs to be open by a user with the issue, so I cannot open a ticket as I corrected mine and shows

I’ll email Iw with this thread though

Many thanks

John

yes deleted all session files from the 2 folders, restarted iworx and cleared browser cache.
will have another look later as away from my pc, thanks for your reply

Has this ever been fully resolved? I have the same issue on 2 of 8 servers, all of them running the same IW version and either Centos 6.9 or 7.3.
I tried your tipps from post #18 John, but to no avail.

Since I am preparing to move all accounts from the relevant servers I really would like to be able to bulk edit the DNS TTL first…

Cheers,

Michael

Hi Michael

Many thanks

Sorry, this issue is very intermittent and therefore extremely hard to diagnose/resolve when installing IW

The above has always corrected this, but as I said, it needs someone with the issue to open a ticket so IW could have a look.

Are you sure the permissions etc are correct, and all sessions cleared (this is where it could show not showing when it is)

Please understand, I do not doubt you have completed the fix correctly, just double checking

If you want to pm/email me login details to one server, I’ll have a look late today, but as the issue is present, I would open a support ticket to let IW see what’s happening

I hope that helps a little

Many thanks

John

Hi John,

you have mail :smiley:

Cheers,
Michael

Hi Michael

Many thanks

After many hours checking and rechecking, thinking as I could see absolutely nothing wrong, IW-Jenna provided the answer. Kudos to IW

You need to turn on debug mode in nodeworx, server settings, setting, debug (note do not turn on debug template), save and check in phpmyadmin

You should now see iworx-db as well as local

Take note

Any changes to iworx-db you make at your own risk. Iw cannot be held for failure if you change anything in iworx-db. Even my posts could cause some IW to fail, due to each server been different.

Many thanks

John

Hi John,

oh, wow, that’s an unexpected solution. You never stop learning…
So I guess at one point IW support might have turned that setting to “on” on 2 of our other servers and I will have copied all settings to our newer servers, that’s why they all work and the others don’t.

But thank you so much for looking yourself and for involving IW Jenna - she always delivers, doesn’t she :slight_smile:

Thanks Jenna, if you are reading this!

All the best

Michael

you have to click localhost and it is a drop down option

Hey bestellen,

you are right, but that option is only there, if you turned on debug mode in nodeworx, server settings, setting, debug - as John resp. Jenna through him described it above.

Thanks

Michael