Can´t install mbstring at php 5.3.2

I am trying to install mbstring with yum install php-mbstring but it gives this error:

[root@server5 ~]# yum install php-mbstring
Setting up Install Process
Resolving Dependencies
–> Running transaction check
—> Package php-mbstring.i386 0:5.1.6-27.el5_5.3 set to be updated
–> Processing Dependency: php-common = 5.1.6-27.el5_5.3 for package: php-mbstring
–> Finished Dependency Resolution
php-mbstring-5.1.6-27.el5_5.3.i386 from updates has depsolving problems
–> Missing Dependency: php-common = 5.1.6-27.el5_5.3 is needed by package php-mbstring-5.1.6-27.el5_5.3.i386 (updates)
Error: Missing Dependency: php-common = 5.1.6-27.el5_5.3 is needed by package php-mbstring-5.1.6-27.el5_5.3.i386 (updates)
You could try using --skip-broken to work around the problem
You could try running: package-cleanup --problems
package-cleanup --dupes
rpm -Va --nofiles --nodigest

I had the same issue since I m using php-5.3.2-1 which is not the same as interworx rep.
I managed to install php-mbstring 5.3.2-1 for php 5.3.2 found here:
http://pe-ell.net/rpms.html
even though its about Centos 5.4 and I have 5.5(64bit)

Unfortunately not all PHP5.3 repositories have all the extensions compiled. Many shops we know that do use PHP5.3 compile it on a development-only machine and install it manually on their production servers. If that doesn’t sound feasible I’d stick to the major 3rd party repos (dag,atomic, etc.) and look there for PHP5.3 and the extensions you need, but only use the repos to update PHP and then leave them disabled so they don’t harm InterWorx and it’s services during an automatic update.

If you are using our unsupported repo then the package name would be php53-mbstring.