Can't send emails

Hi. I have submitted a ticket to interworx for the below but was told they can’t support us as we have to go through the company we purchased te license through, which I found incredible. So I have to reach out to the community.

I can send and receive emails between my email addresses on our site, however no emails are leaving the server.

MESSAGE NUMBER 2361106:
Received: (qmail 29899 invoked by uid 108); 23 Jul 2014 07:15:32 +0000
Received: from unknown (HELO ?192.168.1.18?) (admin@gamingaus.net@120.145.159.126)
by vps.gamingaus.net with ESMTPSA; 23 Jul 2014 07:15:32 +0000
Message-ID: <53CF6114.2080204@gamingaus.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2014 00:15:32 -0700
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.2; WOW64; rv:24.0) Gecko/20100101 Thunderbird/24.6.0
MIME-Version: 1.0
To: pmflav@gmail.com
Subject: Testing
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Test test test

192.168.1.18 being my local network IP address, which I think is weird.

Hi pmflav

Welcome to IW forums.

I understand what your saying over support, but if you check IW website, you will see this clearly stated, which is understandable why.

Have you contacted your licence supplier

Can you telnet to your smtp externally and internally after ssh into your server

Lastly, you may want to set the log detail to debug to gain a better insight

I hope that helps a little

Many thanks

John

Hi pmflav

I hope you don’t mind, but I ran a quick test which showed 3 things as follows

External smtp got a good connection

You have no MX records (this would not be connected to smtp though, unless you use dns)

You have no SOA, which is bad in my eyes, others may disagree.

My initial thoughts quickly are, to try to set the smtp to your external ip and test.

Clearly though, I see your on a vps and I do not know your setup sorry.

Many thanks

John

Hi pmflav

Last post as I have to work now, but I’m sorry, you log looks like it is from thunderbird, and not the logs from the server

Also, as your domain is held on the IW cp, emails will be delivered correctly, therefore that part works.

If you would like anymore help on forum, you need to show the logs for smtp and send, and be sure your emails sent out are not been classed as spam or been stopped.

Many thanks

John