CentOS 4.4

Hi All,

Since CentOS 4.4 is out now, did anybody see some issues after updating, if so what where the solutions to fix the problems?

There are some CPs which advice not to upgrade due to [SIZE=2]major services issues with sshd, proftpd, sendmail, httpd etc. which stop working. (according to the newsletter).[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]Thanks,[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]R?mon[/SIZE]

Updated one server with it and no problems at all (InterWorx CP).
Your right one server with DA has stopped with httpd.

Same happened with an Ensim box.
Actually it was their newsletter where I was referring to.

InterWorx rocks! :smiley:

My server is set to auto update and it upgraded itself to 4.4 (64bit) and everything is fine :smiley:

Dumb question :stuck_out_tongue: – How can you tell it’s upgraded?

Go into Nodeworx,
Push SERVER in the menu left,
Push SOFTWARE UPDATES in the menu left,

To see what is updated (if automatic updates is enabled) push in the middle of the screen “Pending Updates” and sellect the date of update to see what is done.

Thats all.

Well first I noticed a big spike in incoming BW so i checked my updates and there was a TON of them. Then going back to the home screen on NodeWorx you can see:
Distribution: CentOS release 4.4 (Final)

I too missed that until after checking the other stuff so dont feel bad :stuck_out_tongue:

[QUOTE=Justec;9733]Well first I noticed a big spike in incoming BW so i checked my updates and there was a TON of them. Then going back to the home screen on NodeWorx you can see:
Distribution: CentOS release 4.4 (Final)

I too missed that until after checking the other stuff so dont feel bad :p[/QUOTE]

Thanks Justec :slight_smile:

or else

[root@iworx ~]# cat /etc/redhat-release
CentOS release 4.4 (Final)
[root@iworx ~]#

[quote=rone;9729]Go into Nodeworx,
Push SERVER in the menu left,
Push SOFTWARE UPDATES in the menu left,

To see what is updated (if automatic updates is enabled) push in the middle of the screen “Pending Updates” and sellect the date of update to see what is done.

Thats all.[/quote]

Actually the pending updates list doesn’t work with CentOS 4.x The version of YUM they use doesn’t work with our interface. If you don’t have OS updates ON then log into ssh as root and run yum update and that should take care of it.