Centos 6 upgrade PHP 5.3.29

Hi All
I have Centos 6.6 box. Please give me advice how to upgrade php 5.3 to latest possible version of PHP 5.3.x
I have troubles with Joomla fans

Best Regards

Hi foxy202

Please see this post, where licensecart, mike did an excellent post re php

Hope that helps

Many thanks

John

http://forums.interworx.com/showpost.php?p=25591

[QUOTE=d2d4j;26976]Hi foxy202

Please see this post, where licensecart, mike did an excellent post re php

Hope that helps

Many thanks

John

http://forums.interworx.com/showpost.php?p=25591[/QUOTE]

Thanks d2r4j ,
but that will upgrade PHP to 5.4 + . I need to have php 5.3… is it possible to be upgraded to 5.2.29 or 28 or 27

Hi foxy202

Sorry, do you mean you want to go backwards in php version.

Please remember IW uses 2 different versions of php and the only version you should change is the one used for hosting, not the IW version used for CP.

Both are version 5.3 I believe from memory, but it’s been a long day and after midnight here sorry., so I could be wrong.

Joomla will most likely need a higher version, as does some of the one click installers to install certain program’s.

If you could post exactly what php version you would like, that would help, and the post I listed goes a lot higher.

I hope that helps

Many thanks

John

[QUOTE=d2d4j;26979]Hi foxy202

Sorry, do you mean you want to go backwards in php version.

Please remember IW uses 2 different versions of php and the only version you should change is the one used for hosting, not the IW version used for CP.

Both are version 5.3 I believe from memory, but it’s been a long day and after midnight here sorry., so I could be wrong.

Joomla will most likely need a higher version, as does some of the one click installers to install certain program’s.

If you could post exactly what php version you would like, that would help, and the post I listed goes a lot higher.

I hope that helps

Many thanks

John[/QUOTE]

Hi John
Currently I have installed packages below. Server Software Updates is setup to “Release” . Interworx is latest 5.0.15
php-iworx-5.3.28-1.rhe6x.iworx.x86_64 php-5.3.3-40.el6_6.x86_64

My question is it way PHP for clients from version 5.3.3 to become latest 5.3 version ( currently 5.3.29 ) without to do OS upgrade
link you post require server to be upgrade from CentOS 6.6 to CentOS 6.8 or higher.

Best Regards
Emil

Hi Emil

Many thanks, but I think you maybe becoming confused.

If you look at your installed versions you listed above, you will see it shows 6.6 centos 64 bit, and rereading licensecart post, with Joomla, you will need php 5.4, perhaps higher now.

Also, please understand, you can change the php version apache uses without affecting IW-cp as IW-cp run their own seperate versions.

To check the php version used by apache, logon to nodeworx, system services, web server, php info

I hope that helps a little and I’m sorry if I am wrong or if I still do not understand your post.

Many thanks

John

[QUOTE=foxy202;26980]Hi John
Currently I have installed packages below. Server Software Updates is setup to “Release” . Interworx is latest 5.0.15
php-iworx-5.3.28-1.rhe6x.iworx.x86_64 php-5.3.3-40.el6_6.x86_64

My question is it way PHP for clients from version 5.3.3 to become latest 5.3 version ( currently 5.3.29 ) without to do OS upgrade
link you post require server to be upgrade from CentOS 6.6 to CentOS 6.8 or higher.

Best Regards
Emil[/QUOTE]

Centos has PHP5.3 in the repo itself so you can just run:

yum upgrade php-mysql php-devel php-gd php-pecl-memcache php-pspell php-snmp php-xmlrpc php-xml php-mcrypt

and it should upgrade you to 5.3.3-38 but 5.3 is End Of Life. http://php.net/eol.php

PHP 5.3, 5.4, 5.5, 5.6 works on Centos 6.6 there’s no such thing as 6.7 or 6.8 there is Centos 7.x though.