CentOS 7 Suppport now in Pre-Beta!

Hey John,

Just wanted to make sure I wasn’t missing anything. A few weeks ago they indicated another version of Interworx was soon to be released. I do know how that goes, but wanted to check.

Yes, I want to move to CentOS 7, it has a lot of great features that a few of my clients can use. So I am a bit impatient! :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Kent

I see that some rpms were updated on june the 4th, 5th and 9th, which is nice to see that there is some progress, however, these updates dit break some things, it seems that the language files are missing or something, when you go to the pop 3 menu you will see
##LG_POP3_MDA_SERVER_CONTROL##

etc. and same goes for the other menu items that are service related, same for the siteworx menu items.

~iworx/bin/cvspermsfix.pex
~iworx/bin/varpermsfix.pex

did not solve the problem

downgrading te following packages to the (5.1.0-)875 version (28-May-2015) solved the problems

interworx-horde
interworx-phpmyadmin
interworx-roundcube
interworx-smarty
interworx-squirrelmail

EDIT:
It seems that the packages in the Release repo are newer according to you then in the beta repo, this is cousing the issues. So I disabled the InterWorx Alpha el7 repo’s and changed the InterWorx Update Channel to beta.

Got the (5.1.0-)901 version packages installed now, and all seems fine now.

Hey guys,

Any update on CentOS 7 with Interworx? I was kind of hoping everything would be ready now. :slight_smile:

Keep up the good work!

[QUOTE=Bummer;27626]Hey guys,

Any update on CentOS 7 with Interworx? I was kind of hoping everything would be ready now. :slight_smile:

Keep up the good work![/QUOTE]

It’s almost done mate, it’s in RC with Centos 6 I believe and they are just doing some Apache things on COS7 and it should be out :smiley:

Thanks for letting me know. Everything I have has been moved to CentOS 7 excepte for Interworx.

I checked out your site - nice!

[QUOTE=Bummer;27628]Thanks for letting me know. Everything I have has been moved to CentOS 7 excepte for Interworx.

I checked out your site - nice![/QUOTE]

You’re welcome mate, I found out via Paul… We used to get Partner emails from Brett but since February we’ve not had a single thing which is why we couldn’t find out anything beforehand to post about. Thanks mate glad you like it, another design coming in 2016 haha.

Hi mike

I thought beta 2 was meant to be released for centos 7.

I didn’t know there’s a new design coming out. Is this just design or a full version change

Many thanks

John

Well I can tell you that I’m using Interworx 5/5.1 alpha/beta on CentOS 7 x86_64 (OpenVZ cointainer) in production (own sites and family sites) since March 31th 2015 and all works well, except for some minor bugs but I think that they will be fixed soon. It’s pretty stable, except that I have to run the fix cvs and var permisions script once in a while after an update and that for some reason the vhost template is not used. I allready filed some bugs to support.