Chain SSL

what kind of ssl i need for IW ? Can i use one ssl for all ? Any information how to configure it for IW panels?

2016-01-22
InterWorx-SSLdefault-ssl.interworx.comINTERWORX LLC2023-01-13
FTP Serverlocalhost.localdomainSomeOrganization2016-01-22
POP3-SSLlocalhostCourier Mail Server2016-01-22
IMAP-SSLlocalhostCourier Mail Server2016-01-22
SMTP-TLSlocalhostQmail Toaster Server2015-08-19

Hi pampero

If you search the forums you should find some good answers.

I would advise you turn on SNI for multi SSL to each siteworx account (nodeworx, settings, SNI ).

You install your SSL for services in IW as you have shown in your post, but I would also setup it’s own siteworx account and duplicate the cert. For those sites that do not have SSL, a test will show your server cert but clearly it would not cover your domains. For the server cert I would go with wildcard.

Your clients can install their own SSL directly from their siteworx account, which can be any type of SSL they want, from self generated to fully paid EV.

You can ofcourse allow a siteworx to use it’s own dedicated ip and install SSL.

I myself would generate all from IW cp, but as mdeinhardt has posted, you can create seperate keys, csr and bring into IW cp, but you may need help to make sure it is not passworded.

I hope that helps a little

Many thanks

John

Hi pampero

Sorry it’s getting late here and it’s been a long week.

You can buy an SSL from which ever provider, but I’d look up licensecart.com, mike is on the forum, and he offers wildcard domain SSL very very reasonable cost.

If your wanting an SSL so it does not display SSL error, you need a paid version of SSL. You can use non secure, but then who would trust that login. Much better SSL

This SSL you need to set in IW SSL , and if wildcard SSL, would cover email etc for your sending

If you want to use non secure though, replace 2443 with 2080, but I would advise against it strongly

Many thanks

John

You can create free ssl here: http://www.startssl.com It works with one domain + one subdomain.

Hi dss

Many thanks for sharing, just tried it on a test domain for one of our test servers, and it was straight forward.

Just a note to users who may use this SSL, if you do not use the IW csr, you need to decrypt the private key before been able to add them to IW private key, but please read the FAQ on start SSL website for how to do this.

Many thanks

John

I’m using StartSSL certificates for years without any problem. I’m always creating key and request with IW. They are very friendly and helpful and they have good prices.

[QUOTE=d2d4j;26955]Hi pampero

Sorry it’s getting late here and it’s been a long week.

You can buy an SSL from which ever provider, but I’d look up licensecart.com, mike is on the forum, and he offers wildcard domain SSL very very reasonable cost.

If your wanting an SSL so it does not display SSL error, you need a paid version of SSL. You can use non secure, but then who would trust that login. Much better SSL

This SSL you need to set in IW SSL , and if wildcard SSL, would cover email etc for your sending

If you want to use non secure though, replace 2443 with 2080, but I would advise against it strongly

Many thanks

John[/QUOTE]

Thanks John mate for the recommendation :).

Yeah we’re currently on a maint :wink: as we’ve had issues with our VPS, if you are still looking for one, you can check out here mate: https://licensecart.com/billing/order/main/index/ssl-certificates but if you order a Comodo:

STAR_domain_com.crt is the main SSL, the others need to be in the chain SSL part. If it’s the InterWorx hostname you put all them together.

ssllabs.com will tell you which order they need to go in.