Change Main Domain

Hello everyone,

I was curious how to change the main domain name I used to setup siteworx/interworx.

I started out with xxx.com but that domain is about to expire and I would like to change it. How can I change all the settings to use the domain yyy.com instead of xxx.com as the main server domain?

Thanks in advance!

William Patterson
Masterpiece Computers

Currently InterWorx only supports one domain per SiteWorx account (milti-domain support is coming in a coming release), but at the current time you can not change the domain of the acount (and may not be able to in future releases either as the Linux system user name is based upon this domain). I see two options for you:

1. Create a pointer domain for your new domain in the SiteWorx account (web, email, and ftp will all work on the pointer). Logging in to the control panel or to ftp below the html directory you will still see the old domain but to the end user they will only see the new domain.

2. Manually copy your web files to a different directory, delete the old SiteWorx account and create a new one with the new domain.

I hope this helps.

sounds good, I am very happy with your product and will be a customer for a long time to come…thanks for the great support…

No problem – we appreciate your business.