change of IP

Hi wise

Sorry, why is there 2 domains shown for ip mapping, and note the remove boxes are greyed out

Many thanks

John

i added a domain into the reseller account and chose the shared ip on the internal - the one scrubbed out is the real domain obviously. Im presuming you cant delete the ip as its in use? and I cant change the test domain to it as ssl is in use?

Hi Wise

Sorry, that’s strange then, unless it is how your VPS is setup perhaps.

Heres my pic which shows the domain as master not secondary, and 10.n on our network here does not exist, it is on eth1:1, which is assigned with an external IP, eth0 is an internal IP on 192.n ip.

I persoannly would open a support ticket, and let IW have a look to see what’s going on, and ofcourse, they would be help quicker then me asking on forum for information, as they could see directly.

I have 2 things though, is your SSL setup for a domain or IP cert (I don’t think it IP cert though, as they as phased out this Month I think) and lastly, but it is entirely at your risk, if you edit your siteworx vhost file, and change the IP address to the 10.n IP, restart httpd, does this correct it and also allow the site to be visible on the internet.

As I said though, its at your risk, but if it does not work, you can reset the public IP back and restart httpd, which should return it back to where you are now.

I hope that helps a little and sorry, I cannot be off more help.

Many thanks

John

thanks for trying to help :slight_smile: doesnt look like I can get support from IW as I bought license from iw reseller. Arrrgh!

Hi wise

I’m sorry, I didn’t know sorry.

Your reseller should be able to give support, I believe it’s part of the agreement, and if they cannot resolve, they will open a ticket with IW.

The SSL in use on external ip should not be the issue though I don’t think, but I’ll quickly try here on my test.

Many thanks

John

Hi wise

I’m so sorry, it is the SSL stopping the ip change.

I’ve just tried it on our test server.

You will need to delete the SSL, then change the ip and then add back in.

Do you still have your private key, csr and cert

Many thanks

John

Hi wise

Please do not delete your SSL.

Try this, create a new 10.n ip and set as dedicated, or set your 10.n you wZnt to use as dedicated.

Manage ip on your siteworx account with SSL and assign the dedicated 10.n ip. Then IP map it and delete the external ip.

Then you should be good to go, at last.

Hope that helps and once again, sorry for the SSL, I’m sure I tried it but perhaps on eth0 sorry

Many thanks

John

Hi John

Thanks for all your help with this. In the end I edited the virtual hosts by hand , logged into IW which then let me change the ip and rebooted! Im sure it shouldn’t have been this hard - but unfortunately this was forced on us by a third party adn we have little control over much! :slight_smile:

Hi wise

Thanks for the update, if you have issues same just call

Glad your up and running

Many thanks

John

Hi Wise

I have this fully figured out now, so if any one is needing to change the IP address where there is a SSL on the domain for the IP change, please follow these instructions (assuming you have already added an IP to nodeworx, server,IP Manager)

Set the IP to change to, to be a dedicated IP (not shared)
this now shows in the manage IP for the siteworx and you can add it in, also, you can set the domain to this new IP (shown still as dedicated).
Remove the old IP
Goto nodeworx, server, IP Manager, and edit the new IP just set for the siteworx account with a SSL on (shown as dedicated) and change to shared.
If you have changed all domains with the old IP to the new IP, then you can delete the old IP in full from IP Manger.

NOTE - when viewing the IP with the SSL set to a domain, in manage IP from siteworx, you will not see any options for IPV4 (or IPV6) until you change the IP to a dedicated IP from nodeworx, server, IP Manager, then it appears in the drop down box under IP Mapping.

I hope that helps you

Many thanks

John