CloudLinux in a cluster

If we deploy CloudLinux in a cluster environment, do we still receive the benefits of CloudLinux that we’d normally see on a standalone server? I’m curious to know if anything about the nature of clustering breaks any of CloudLinux’s abilities.

I assume I’ll need to install it on the controller and each individual node?

Thanks for the question :slight_smile:

Yes, CloudLinux functions with InterWorx clustering. You are correct that you’ll need to install it on each node in order to use the Cloudlinux features for a given node, however, you don’t have to install it on every node if you only want to use it on a few.

For example, it’d be perfectly fine to install CL on the cluster manager but not on the nodes, etc.

From reading the InterWorx documentation, it looks like I’ll need it on the nodes since I’ll be using PHP selector, and the nodes handle PHP. Correct me if I’m wrong.

If I was only using CloudLinux for CageFS / jailed SSH, since SSH isn’t one of the clustered services, I could get the full benefit by only having CL on the CM, right?

So far I like what I’m reading.

I believe you’re correct on both accounts – it’s probably worth confirming with the good folks at CloudLinux though :slight_smile:

If you want to try it out, I’m happy to issue you some demo licenses for InterWorx – I believe CL also offers a free demo, too.