We?re pleased to announce that our ConfigServer Exploit Scanner application is now fully supported on the InterWorx control panel. This means that installation is now included (see the cxs FAQ for conditions). We’ve used our experience with porting the ConfigServer Firewall (csf) to InterWorx to fully integrate cxs within NodeWorx.
cxs exploit scanning:
- Actively scans all modified files within user accounts using the cxs Watch daemon regardless of how they were uploaded
- PHP upload scripts (via a ModSecurity hook)
- Perl upload scripts (via a ModSecurity hook)
- CGI upload scripts (via a ModSecurity hook)
- Any other web script type that utilises the HTML form ENCTYPE multipart/form-data (via a ModSecurity hook)
cxs also allows you to perform on-demand scanning of files, directories and user accounts for suspected exploits, viruses and suspicious resources (files, directories, symlinks, sockets). You can run scans of existing user data to see if exploits have been uploaded in the past or via methods not covered by the active scanning. It has been tuned for performance and scalability.
More information is available on the product page:
Note: We obtained permission from InterWorx to post this release announcement.