couple of quick questions

OK, this weekend were upgrading our server, and moving finally from US to UK…

Our new box is athlon 64bit, is IW compatible and stable with centos and this arch?

our current box has php-4.4 and sql 4.1.18 what versions will IW install? If its <4.1 wont it break the customers db’s?

is it possible for resellers to have their own custom nameservers? like cpanel/whm

Yes, we have other clients using this configuration.

our current box has php-4.4 and sql 4.1.18 what versions will IW install? If its <4.1 wont it break the customers db’s?

InterWorx installs php-4.3.11-100

As for MySQL, that depends on the distro. CentOS 4.2 comes with mysql-4.1.12-3 (on the x86 version, I don’t have easy access to that info for the 64bit version) by default.

You will get best results if you upgrade both to to the versions equal to or greater than your old host.

You can find instructionns on how to do that by searching the forums, but they are NOT directly supported by us.

is it possible for resellers to have their own custom nameservers? like cpanel/whm

Yes

thx for the info Tim

A quick trawl of the centos mirrors have revealed…

mysql-4.1.12-3.RHEL4.1.x86_64.rpm

php-4.3.9-3.8.x86_64.rpm

I have an AMD64, the only pain (not an Iworx related at all) is that it is on an Nvidia mainboard and therefore the kernel can not auto update via YUM b/c it has to be compiled in with the nvnet driver.

Besides that Im am really happy with the performance of the system, much better than my old cele :slight_smile: