Create plugins?

Hello,
I’ve just purchased Nodeworx/Siteworx and have a question. My company has developed a php/mysql software program that is web based. I’m wondering if it is possible to create a plugin or script so that the Interworx program can automate the installation for us.

Thanks,
Brian Artigas
Allstate Computers, LLC.

Brian,

There is no abilty to at this point but we will in a future release allow scripts to be added to the ScriptWorx system.

Chris

Do you have an ETA as to when it will be available, and will it be a free upgrade to those that have already purchased the software?

We do not have an ETA, other than to say “It’s on the list”. Cost (if any) is yet to be determined.

–Dustin

There will be no added cost, but as Dustin said there is no ETA at this point.

Chris

What packages are planned for ScriptWorx in the next release of IWorx or have you not finalized? How long before/after the public IWorx release will these new packages be available to Nexcess.net web hosting clients?

Although you don’t have an ETA, I would just like to point out that I would like the ability to package for IWorx as well. Maybe you guys should create freshscriptworxfiles.net when the feature is ready so you can house countless user contributed packages :slight_smile:

ScriptWorx will contain the following scripts in the 2.1 release:

Coppermine
Wordpress
Xoops
Gallery
dotProject
osCommerce
eGroupWare
phpBB
phpNuke
geeklog
phpAdsNew

As soon as InterWorx 2.1 is released, these 11 scripts will be available.

Many others, such as Mambo, ZenCart, phpMyFaq, and PostNuke will be coming in future (potentially asynchronous) releases.

As for the ability to add custom scripts to ScriptWorx, we’re cetainly aware of that desire :slight_smile: We’ll be adding a mechanism to do so, but as stated before there is no ETA.

–Dustin