Cron and backup

Hi

I’d like to have more informations about these two options.

Ok backup option backup http directories, database (which metho sqldump ?) and mails.

Cron option create a cron for the siteworx user. As cron -e ?

For Cron i’m not sure to understand how it works because for me the user must have shell access to create their scirpts ?
By default he doesn"t. So does it mean that I have to give shell access to user who would like to use Cron ?

For backup, how the user can easly restore the backuped files ?

And last, I have a user asking to use cron to automaticly launch the Backup option (for example every weeks).
How could it be done ?

Thanks
Pascal

Ok backup option backup http directories, database (which metho sqldump ?) and mails.

The simplest way is to mysqldump all MySQL data and then tar up the /home/directory. That should cover 99% of the files you want to keep. This is a crude way to do the backup, but it will at least get you all the files saved.

Cron option create a cron for the siteworx user. As cron -e ?

For Cron i’m not sure to understand how it works because for me the user must have shell access to create their scirpts ?
By default he doesn"t. So does it mean that I have to give shell access to user who would like to use Cron ?

CRON access is built into SiteWorx now. Users don’t need shell access at all, they can simply upload (via ftp) any scripts they’d like to run and then use the CRON interface to setup the CRON jobs. It can be done 100% within SiteWorx.

For backup, how the user can easly restore the backuped files ?

This is a sore spot in SiteWorx now. You can backup, but a restore must be done manually from the .zip file downloaded as a backup.

And last, I have a user asking to use cron to automaticly launch the Backup option (for example every weeks).
How could it be done ?

I’d just make a root level CRON job to do the 1st thing I mention in this post as a stopgap until node/siteworx has a solidifed backup system.

Chris