database prefixes,

ok two questions:
1 - Is there anyway to set interworx to NOT user username prefixes, on sql db files?

2 - Also is there a way to make the username limit not so small, for example i added a user geoplanet and it changed it to geoplane.

1 - No, this is how it guarantees uniqueness across all the SiteWorx account’s database user names

2 - The MySQL user size limit is 16 characters. The prefix is 8 characters, plus the underscore, that leaves 7 characters for the rest of the name, which is why it was truncated.

Paul

Since I can’t make new topics, I’ll have to put my issue into a existing thread regarding MySQL.

Anyways, I am at a problem right now were existing databases from another server that I transfered will not work properly on my new server with InterWorx installed. And no, im not working with *.sql files because they are too big and php would timeout.

So i need to work with the raw data, need to import it to a new database or just slip the raw data and its folder into /var/lib/mysql

However, i can’t seem to write to my db’s with users created and given permission via siteworx.

Any idea??

[quote=zerophyte;14309]Since I can’t make new topics, I’ll have to put my issue into a existing thread regarding MySQL.

Anyways, I am at a problem right now were existing databases from another server that I transfered will not work properly on my new server with InterWorx installed. And no, im not working with *.sql files because they are too big and php would timeout.

So i need to work with the raw data, need to import it to a new database or just slip the raw data and its folder into /var/lib/mysql

However, i can’t seem to write to my db’s with users created and given permission via siteworx.

Any idea??[/quote]

What precicely do you mean “will not work properly”?

Copying the files to /var/lib/mysql will not work for the reasons explained above AND the fact that you are probably coming into a newer mysql version than your old server.

Please provide as much info as you can so that someone can help you.