Dedicated Server Managment recommendations?

I’m looking for a server managment company to harden and manage the server, and can support Interworx also.
I’ve been using AcuNett on another dedicated server that is running Plesk, but they don’t support Interworx. I’d like to find someone that can also support Interworx if needed, and ensure that anything they install to further harden the server won’t interfere with Interworx as well.

Thanks
Craig

[quote=Craigster;11852]I’m looking for a server managment company to harden and manage the server, and can support Interworx also.
I’ve been using AcuNett on another dedicated server that is running Plesk, but they don’t support Interworx. I’d like to find someone that can also support Interworx if needed, and ensure that anything they install to further harden the server won’t interfere with Interworx as well.

Thanks
Craig[/quote]

Unfortunately I am not aware of anyone who fits that bill. All of our resellers are data centers/server providers. A few of them do offer colo, but I’m not sure if anyone manages a box in another DC. Take a look at http://interworx.com/partners for a list of our reseller partners.

Anyone here know anyone who could help Craig out?

Tim

Not sure how much I can help. Just moving into the interworx world but most of our experience is in security. We work with Compliance Concentric Management, which includes all policies and procedures necessary to comply with PCI, HIPAA, SOX and other IT Security requirements. Please feel free to contact me should you need any additional information.

Steadfast are good.

Thanks everyone for the responses. I’ve already got the box and have it hosted at Softlayer (which I love), so I’m not looking to switch to another host.
I’ve managed to get AcuNett to secure and harden the box, as well as provide montly managment, though they won’t support inside the Interworx CP as they aren’t familiar with it.
Since I’m on a leased lic. for Interwork, I should be able to get support from Interworx if there’s any issues within the CP.

[quote=Craigster;11911]
Since I’m on a leased lic. for Interwork, I should be able to get support from Interworx if there’s any issues within the CP.[/quote]

That’s corect. Make sure to tell your management company to be very carefull updating or hardening anything we provide – Run

rpm -qa | grep iworx

for a list – with the exceotion of PHP and MySQL. Those can be updated at will with no issues as long as you don’t mess with the versions installed INSIDE /usr/local/interworx which run the panel itself (we run 2 instances of each: one for the sites and one for the control panel itself)

They (or you) can always search the forums here or contact us with questions about what it is and is not safe to do. We’d rather answer the questions than have to help clean up a mess afterword :wink:

Good Luck!