Default FTP account with NEW SiteWorx account in new 3.0

Here is what I would like to find out, in the new 3.0, would it be possible when a NEW SiteWorx account is set up to have Nodeworx create the FTP account default (ftp@anydomain.com) to log in directly to the public_html (/html) directory? (instead of the /home/anydomai directory.

OK let me explain why I would like to do it this way. I have a LOT of really computer challenged customers, I mean REALLY computer challenged. I mean I personally am not the sharpest nail in the bag, but giving good information I pick things up quickly and I try and treat my customer the same way giving them the information they need and flash Tutorials to show how things are done, but for some reason a lot of them don’t want to learn or just can’t. Many of these have NO clue as what a file structure is, much less how to point a ftp program to a specific remote directory and publish.

So what I usually have to do is manually go in to their siteworx account and change the remote directory where their software will publish directly to the web root doc directory (/html). That would take a big load off my support.

OK, before anyone says any thing, my more advance users that like saving files below /html directory for various reasons, yours truly included, well it will be a whole lot easier for them to just logon to Sitework and change the remote directory than it is for a total newb to even get a grasp on the whole concept. I can actually see the “deer in the head lights look” through the phone when I try to explain it to a real new newb.

So that is my reasoning in asking if the default can be changed. (Maybe on a server by server basis?)

I can deffinitely see where you are coming from here, but for us to change that for all users it would complicate people using multidomain as their FTP accounts would only have access to the master domain. They would then have to undo the change that you had us make. However, it may be possible to add a default ftp directory option in the config file somewhere. Guys?

AH, OK this i didn’t know about, I am still in a 2.1.3 mind set.

Well if there is any thoughts on this that would be great.

[quote=R-n-R;12392]AH, OK this i didn’t know about, I am still in a 2.1.3 mind set.

Well if there is any thoughts on this that would be great.[/quote]

Socheat and I are discussing the best way to address this desire in the software as we speak :slight_smile:

As with every other feature request we have to balance the desires/needs of the individual with those of the majority of the InterWorx user base. I think something will be added to either the config file or NodeWorx to allow you to specify this for uour clients

[quote=R-n-R;12392]AH, OK this i didn’t know about, I am still in a 2.1.3 mind set.

Well if there is any thoughts on this that would be great.[/quote]

Socheat and I are discussing the best way to address this desire in the software as we speak :slight_smile:

As with every other feature request we have to balance the desires/needs of the individual with those of the majority of the InterWorx user base. I think something will eventually be added to allow individual admins to specify this for their clients.

Thanks for the suggestion :slight_smile:

Here is what I would like to find out, in the new 3.0, would it be possible when a NEW SiteWorx account is set up to have Nodeworx create the FTP account default (ftp@anydomain.com) to log in directly to the public_html (/html) directory? (instead of the /home/anydomai directory.

Is it another possibility to guide the clients (in welcome mail) to use the ‘Remote dir’ option in the FTP client as ‘html’ (for the main domain of course)?