Default sender Email

Hello,

I lost my brain.

I’m pretty sure I have setup a long time ago the default email of the box. But I don’t remenber how. I thought there was a .qmail-default or a .root somewhere in Qmail or elsewhere but I don’t find this

My problem is pretty simple. All backup.pex made by cron jobs send an email to the siteworx account owner. The sender of this email is always the same and is false now.

So How could I change the default email sender for all mails sent by interworx ?

(ps : the email of the admin nodeworx is not the one used as sender)

Thanks a ton

Pascal

I believe the file you are looking for is /var/qmail/control/me

heu…

I thought too. But I’ve checked in few boxes and in /var/qmail/control/me I have the default host (the hostname of my box), not the default email’s sender.

I’ve also checked the /var/qmail/alias/.qmail-postmaster and it is not the email’s sender used by backup.pex

Pascal

I also have the hostname in that file. :slight_smile:

I’ve also checked the /var/qmail/alias/.qmail-postmaster and it is not the email’s sender used by backup.pex

Pascal

Hang on, if its backup.pex, surely its coming from the email addresses which are assigned in the iworx database in the email data table?

Hi Pascal,

Which are you trying to change? The master email address of the box, or of a particular siteworx account? If you’re trying to change the master email address for the box (like emails sent to root@box.domain.com), then that is the /var/qmail/alias/.qmail-postmaster file.

Otherwise, the email address used for the siteworx account login is the address that receives emails for things related to that account.

Socheat

OK I FOUND IT !!!

It is in the iworx database, email_templates table

in this table there is the field “from_email” and it is exactly the email used by backup.pex

So I’ve just to edit the SITEWORX_BACKUP_COMPLETE record

But, there is no way to do this directly in nodeworx ?
(arff email templates disepear some versions ago :\ )

Thanks all

[QUOTE=IWorx-Socheat;9922]Hi Pascal,

Which are you trying to change? The master email address of the box, or of a particular siteworx account? If you’re trying to change the master email address for the box (like emails sent to root@box.domain.com), then that is the /var/qmail/alias/.qmail-postmaster file.

Otherwise, the email address used for the siteworx account login is the address that receives emails for things related to that account.

Socheat[/QUOTE]

Nop Socheat :slight_smile: sorry but the email’s sender of the BACKUP.PEX is the one define in the database iworx, table email_templates

Pascal

[QUOTE=IWorx-Socheat;9922]Hi Pascal,

Socheat[/QUOTE]

None of them.

Yes it is. But which sender email is used by interworx-cp ?

The email’s sender of the BACKUP.PEX is the one define in the database iworx, table email_templates

Pascal

Ahh, I see now Pascal, I misunderstood. You wanted to change where the email is coming from, not where it’s going to. Yes, that’s the correct place to change the email address.

Yes, we removed email templates manipulation a few versions back because we were just unhappy with the interface and how it worked. While it still has not been added back in to InterWorx 3.0, one of the new features that is in 3.0 will make email templates much more flexible when it does get added back in. Baby steps. :slight_smile:

sorry if my english is so bad :-p

While it still has not been added back in to InterWorx 3.0, one of the new features that is in 3.0 will make email templates much more flexible when it does get added back in. Baby steps.

h? h? still waiting for this v3.0

:wink:

Pascal