delete all backups on all accounts ?

This would be useful ?

In nodeworx restore/backup option you can backup all siteworx domain accounts in one go.

Is it possible to have an option to delete all backups on all siteworx accounts in on go
also, just saves going to the manage option of each account then deleting.

unless theres another way that i am missing ?

Thank you

Bear,

For a viriety of reasons doing this from the interface isn’t feasible at this point BUT you can create a backup script using the following attributes and run it on your CRON

In it’s most basic form the command looks like this

/home/interworx/bin/backup.pex --domains=all
If you need any help, just let us know

I guess the request is to delete all the backups in one go.

[quote=IWorx-Tim;10950]Bear,

For a viriety of reasons doing this from the interface isn’t feasible at this point BUT you can create a backup script using the following attributes and run it on your CRON

In it’s most basic form the command looks like this

/home/interworx/bin/backup.pex --domains=all
If you need any help, just let us know[/quote]

Think you have miss understood me ??

we all ready have the option in nodeworkx to select all domain accounts and backup all domain accounts in one go.

what i was asking for is an option to select all domain accounts and DELETE all backups on all domain accounts in one go, at present you can only delete one at a time by using the manage option in backup/restore in nodeworx.

sorry if i was not clear enough.

thank you

yeah, I would love this feature as well.

[quote=bear;10964]Think you have miss understood me ??

we all ready have the option in nodeworkx to select all domain accounts and backup all domain accounts in one go.

what i was asking for is an option to select all domain accounts and DELETE all backups on all domain accounts in one go, at present you can only delete one at a time by using the manage option in backup/restore in nodeworx.

sorry if i was not clear enough.

thank you[/quote]

That’s okay, Bear, I understand now and agree that this would be a good addition. We’ll get this added as a feature request. It’s too late for 3.0 as functionality changes are frozen but hopefullty a subsequent release.

nice one
thank you

Meanwhile you can try this on your console:

find /home/ -name *.tar.gz -ok rm {} ;

This will ask you (Y/N) to DELETE EVERY *.tar.gz FILE found at /home and subdirectories (so your backups too…)

It’s a mess if you have other *.tar.gz files in /home, but perhaps serves you as a workaround…

Regards,

Juan

Try

find /home/*/backups -name *.tar.gz -ok rm {} ;

That should confine your search to just the backup directory in each users home directory.

Gotta love unix command-line after all… :stuck_out_tongue:

useful
thank you