[Don't use] Roundcube Upgrade 0.8.6 to 1.0.2?

I’ve been trying to upgrade Roundcube on InterWorx. I found the files are located in: /usr/local/interworx/lib/roundcube and I read: http://trac.roundcube.net/browser/github/UPGRADING

I tried this:

1. wget -N http://sourceforge.net/projects/roundcubemail/files/roundcubemail/1.0.2/roundcubemail-1.0.2.tar.gz
  2. tar -zxvf roundcubemail-1.0.2.tar.gz
  3. cd roundcubemail-1.0.2
  4. ./bin/installto.sh /usr/local/interworx/lib/roundcube/
  5. enter ‘y’ for every question.

But I get a 500 error and no error_log. Has anyone upgraded it successfully?

Hi Michael,

did you ever manage to update?

[QUOTE=mdeinhardt;26361]Hi Michael,

did you ever manage to update?[/QUOTE]

Nope sorry, I’m waiting on the guys to update the InterWorx roundcube for us, however Horde seems to be the only one being updated so we’ve got to cope with a unsecure one.

Hi licencecart and mdeinhardt

I believe it’s on the roadmap to make upgrading of roundcube easier, well I read that in a post from 2013 :slight_smile:

I think I have a workaround but it’s untested, and may or may not work as expected, and when IW update, maybe broken.

I hope you don’t mind my thoughts

Many thanks

John

Hi John,

what kind of workaround? Anything you might be able to share?

But it would be great, if someone from iworx could confirm this is being worked on or at least what their plans are. The webmail software is one of the interfaces towards our customers and as such very important.

And I agree with Michael, that it’s a security risk, seeing that we don’t even use the security update for 0.8.6 from one year ago !!

Hi Michael

Yes, here you go but a word of warning, only try this on a test server as it may break the current roundcube and may not work at all.

Choose 1 domain to act for all webmail, install current version of roundcube 0.9.5 I think it is by softaculous or simplescripts

Login to test account

Test IW roundcube still works as expected.

Now, if all’s well, you can either then symlinked to new roundcube, or leave as is, and ask your clients to use your domain used roundcube install.

I cannot stress this is untested, and just a theory, so do not try on production servers, and of course, please understand IW would not surpport the above, so you would break any help from IW in full.

I read a post re roundcube, and that’s where IW said it was on roadmap to make easier to upgrade, but honestly, I would not expect any time frames for commercial reasons

You can stop roundcube from been available to your clients, from nodeworx settings.

I hope that helps

Many thanks

John

Thanks John, but that’s indeed a bit too ass-backwards for my taste :wink:

And I don’t want to disable roundcube, on the contrary: It is our preferred webmail client and I would love to make full use of it (incld. better themes, which are only availble for 0.9 and 1.0)

So I am hoping for iworx to help us.

@iworx, pretty please with a cherry on top?

Hi Michael

Yes, I concur, that’s 1 reason why I never tried it myself, the second reason is time factors sorry.

Here’s the post but I’m sure it’s on the roadmap, and it’s just a case of waiting for it to hit the beta.

http://forums.interworx.com/showpost.php?p=22209

It would be nice if it was included with the work I’m sure is going on for centos 7.

Have a lovely weekend

Many thanks

John

They are working on it but it’s harder to upgrade than suspected :frowning:

Did you ever hear any more about this Mike?

Hi staxed

Roundcube v1.0.3 is in release candidate 5.1

Upgrading when needed should be easy to do unless roundcube makes a big change to database

I hope that helps

Many thanks

John

[QUOTE=d2d4j;27606]Hi staxed

Roundcube v1.0.3 is in release candidate 5.1

Upgrading when needed should be easy to do unless roundcube makes a big change to database

I hope that helps

Many thanks

John[/QUOTE]

awesome, good to know :slight_smile: