E3 2006

Just wanted to see what everyones thoughts were on the new Systems (PS3, Xbox360, Wii). Also, what do you think about the PS3 price of $499 w/ 20 GB HD and $599 w/ 60 GB HD?

I know Socheat is a huge fan of anything Microsoft, in fact, he has 2 360s, one for his upstairs tv and one for his downstairs tv. :eek:

–Dustin

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

In fact, Socheat likes Microsoft SOOO much, he won a free xbox at Hosting Con last year and kept it, even though he already had 4 xbox’s.

Did he pay $1200 for the 360 on ebay when it first came out :stuck_out_tongue:

I think I’m gonna stick with the PS3, its a bit pricey, but with bluray I think its a fair price.

No, I paid $1200 on ebay just for the Xbox 360 packaging. :stuck_out_tongue:

I’d just like to point out, I hate my co-workers. I really do. :rolleyes: :stuck_out_tongue:

I think Microsoft is on par or overtaking Sony now with their Console, Live server, and game library. Sony is mis-stepping and their $600 console and attitude towards customers is crazy. Their fanbois will certainly buy it, and those die hards who want to play PS exclusive games, but overall I’m really liking MS’s direction (plus as a PC gamer the porting of games beween XBOX/PC is great for both industries).

Absolutly agree :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=IWorx-Socheat;8379]No, I paid $1200 on ebay just for the Xbox 360 packaging. :stuck_out_tongue:

I’d just like to point out, I hate my co-workers. I really do. :rolleyes: :p[/QUOTE]

ha ha ha :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

As someone who sellse these things in my main job I need to chime in here.

Sony is the King of the consoles from where I am sitting (and I don’t have a PS2 OR xbox personally). PS2 has more games and PS3 will be completely backward compatible unlike the xbox360 which most of the regular xbox games don’t work at least not without paches from the web (if at all) because of the change from AIT to Nvidia graphics cards. Also since they don’t put on the box wether they are 360 compatible people who have bought a 360 and don’t have the regular one are very skittish about buying games.

The novelty of 360 is over and we actually have them sitting on the shelf collecting dust now and people are chomping at the bit about the PS3 already. The price won’t disuade most people from what I see, though most people will get the $499 consile as the differences between that and the $599 one are minimal (HDMI support and a larger HD as I understand it) unlike the 360. The people who would normally buy a console when it is released (not always the best idea as it invariably still has bugs) will wethere it was $499 or $299.

Microsoft really missed the boat when they created xbox if they had made a console which ran most if not all PC games on your TV then they would have taken over by now.

I personnaly have a xbox360 and my sons have a Ps2 and a Sony. It’s always the same. Some like one, other like the other, but I have to say that I’m very happy to have 2 sons. Like this we can play sometimes on one consol sometimes on an other.

And you know what, we plan to buy the new ps3

So the best thing is to have a lot of money and buy everything (and this is not my case, but my money and my son’s money help us to play with all these kinds of play box)

:slight_smile:

[quote=pascal;9763]
So the best thing is to have a lot of money and buy everything[/quote]

That’s what I’m talkin about!!! :smiley:

Little update here too, I’m not a big console gamer myself, but picked up a Sony HDTV and natually had to pick one up. The XBOX 360 was my pick for the reasons I listed above. Really for me it’s XBOX Live that is and will be Microsoft’s greatest success.

Sony’s strategy of not creating a single multiplayer matchmaking service like Live, or Gamespy (PC) is doomed.

Really $350 for a Xbox 360, not that big of a deal considering I build a new PC for gaming about every year, but $600 for a Sony PS3? Definately not a purchase I’d do at the drop of a hat.