email accounts for domain not recognised, and an ip question

Hello hello :slight_smile:

I have two questions as the title stipulates, but I’ll start with the really important one:

I have multiple domains, each assigned their own ip. Lets pretend…

secondary1.com
secondary2.com
secondary3.com

My nameserver is seemingly setup correctly under System Services. I have the mailserver hostname as mail.primary.com (I have also tried changing it to the secondary domain that’s having difficulties; no change)

All the domains in siteworx have email accounts created for them. All 4 domains will send emails just fine from their accounts. However, one of the domains, say secondary2.com, for some reason cannot receive any emails, whereas the other 3 still can.

Here is the message received:

Hi. This is the qmail-send program at mail.primary.com.
I’m afraid I wasn’t able to deliver your message to the following addresses.
This is a permanent error; I’ve given up. Sorry it didn’t work out.

name[I]@secondary2.com[/I]:
Sorry, no mailbox here by that name. (#5.1.1)

Which is so mean, because clearly the email exists its in the list at siteworx > mailboxes . I can see it!!! None of the emails for the domain can receive emails, only send.

I tried deleting the email accounts and remaking, still nothing. I tried restarting the mail services as well. I think these accounts were working before… I haven’t been with this new host very long so I am not sure. Perhaps there’s a manual edit that can be done??

Any ideas? It’s been like this for a week now.

Question 2:

I have steadfast as my host, and if you are familiar with them they like to allocate a primary ip address to serve for connecting to the server and doing any administration, then having additional ip’s used for services. I have conformed to this practice, but find myself with a bit of a setback.

I run some software that will not let me specify which ip on the system it should use through its own configuration file. However there is a remote server elsehwere that keeps track of any servers running this software, and posts the ip in a lobby so that clients can connect. The IP that gets broadcasted to this lobby is the primary ip of the webserver, instead of the ip of the domain that the software is running from.

Is there a way that I can ensure that a program run by a certain user or location can be tied to the ip assigned to that domain? The ability to do this would be very helpful.

I sincerely appreciate the assistance! Thank you kindly :slight_smile: I used to be very iffy about switching to interworx but I recognise it now as a superior CP :slight_smile:

-Jeff

Hello hello

I have two questions as the title stipulates, but I’ll start with the really important one:

I have multiple domains, each assigned their own ip. Lets pretend…

secondary1.com
secondary2.com
secondary3.com

My nameserver is seemingly setup correctly under System Services. I have the mailserver hostname as mail.primary.com (I have also tried changing it to the secondary domain that’s having difficulties; no change)

All the domains in siteworx have email accounts created for them. All 4 domains will send emails just fine from their accounts. However, one of the domains, say secondary2.com, for some reason cannot receive any emails, whereas the other 3 still can.

Here is the message received:

Hi. This is the qmail-send program at mail.primary.com.
I’m afraid I wasn’t able to deliver your message to the following addresses.
This is a permanent error; I’ve given up. Sorry it didn’t work out.

name@secondary2.com:
Sorry, no mailbox here by that name. (#5.1.1)

Which is so mean, because clearly the email exists its in the list at siteworx > mailboxes . I can see it!!! None of the emails for the domain can receive emails, only send.

I tried deleting the email accounts and remaking, still nothing. I tried restarting the mail services as well. I think these accounts were working before… I haven’t been with this new host very long so I am not sure. Perhaps there’s a manual edit that can be done??

Any ideas? It’s been like this for a week now.

Something must be out of whack, and just based on that info, I can’t guess what it could be. It’d probably be best to open a support ticket with more details so we can login and investigate the source of the problem.

I have steadfast as my host, and if you are familiar with them they like to allocate a primary ip address to serve for connecting to the server and doing any administration, then having additional ip’s used for services. I have conformed to this practice, but find myself with a bit of a setback.

I run some software that will not let me specify which ip on the system it should use through its own configuration file. However there is a remote server elsehwere that keeps track of any servers running this software, and posts the ip in a lobby so that clients can connect. The IP that gets broadcasted to this lobby is the primary ip of the webserver, instead of the ip of the domain that the software is running from.

Is there a way that I can ensure that a program run by a certain user or location can be tied to the ip assigned to that domain? The ability to do this would be very helpful.

I sincerely appreciate the assistance! Thank you kindly I used to be very iffy about switching to interworx but I recognise it now as a superior CP

This could be tricky. It kind of depends on what the remote server is doing. You can’t give the remote server a hostname to use instead of the IP address that connects somehow? You MIGHT be able to configure a network route on the server to use the different IP address when making a connection to that particular host, but again this depends on what the remote host is actually doing, and how it works.

Paul

Thank you for the response. I have opened a support ticket for the mailserver issue.

As for the IP one, usually the software’s configuration will allow you to specify which IP to use, but this particular one does not have one. I assume it is just establishing a connection to that global lobby server and giving it whatever IP its using.

I suppose this isn’t really a huge problem, more of an inconvenience. I should probably ask this question in a forum dedicated to networking as its probably not something in the scope of interworx :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks!