Email : Groups : More functionality

I would like to see some more functionality to the email.

When adding an email address to domain I’d like see an option to add that email address to ‘groups’ already defined in the system or no groups at all. (5 line scrolling box ctrl+click for multiple selections etc)

Automatic groups for internal address’s possibly.

Also when deleting an email from a domain it scans the groups and deletes that email where it finds it.

All too often we have customers complain of deleting an email from a domain and then they get failure notices when they send an email to the group and they get a bounce.

On the mailbox overview page it would be nice to see another column or mabye a fancy little meter to tell how much space a user has used and what their limit is.

Thanks!

Most of this sounds reasonable to me. The checks you suggest and the option to add an email address (or alias) to a group just makes sense. :slight_smile:

I will add this as a feature request. As always this does not guarantee anything but it does make sure it does not get forgotten.

Adding a meter like you suggest probably wont happen because it would be another db query every time the page was loaded and slow things down, but we’ll see. :slight_smile:

The meter wouldn’t have to be ‘real-time’ it could be an query at some odd hour that updates every 24 hours.

It would just be nice to have a overview of who’s got a huge mailbox and who doesn’t without having to click each and every name.

I agree, it’s pretty annoying not being able to see who is using up the space - especially when storage quota is near or over limit.
Also, on siteworx overview for a domain, the “disk space usage” is incorrect - email is obviously not counted. Makes it impossible to see when you’re reaching limit.

[quote=jerricho;14645]The meter wouldn’t have to be ‘real-time’ it could be an query at some odd hour that updates every 24 hours.

It would just be nice to have a overview of who’s got a huge mailbox and who doesn’t without having to click each and every name.[/quote]

It would still be a query to the database though to retrieve that information.

One thing the developers do is walk a fine line between what’s the most useful or needed vs what would be nice without sacrificing performance on slower systems (e.g. vps’s).

[quote=pingu;14651]I agree, it’s pretty annoying not being able to see who is using up the space - especially when storage quota is near or over limit.
Also, on siteworx overview for a domain, the “disk space usage” is incorrect - email is obviously not counted. Makes it impossible to see when you’re reaching limit.[/quote]

You can get that information by clicking on the “edit” button next to each address. Just above the vacation address you will see a line like this

Disk Space Used:                       107k

It’s not as easy to find as you might like (especially if you have a lot of email boxes) but the info is there for you.

I believe the information was on the overview screen on a much older version of Iworx, but was moved here for just the reason explained above.