Essential Repos Disabled By Interworx?

I noticed the following…

It seems as though Interworx has disabled all repos but EPEL, RPMForge, and Remi. It doesn’t make sense to me that CloudLinux 7 Base, Updates, etc. should be disabled. What’s the reason for this? Should I enable them? Are there any I should or shouldn’t enable in particular?

Selection_085.jpg

Hi synthetisoft

Please do not mistake IW for cpanel

Cpanel locks the distro, interworx does not

It is not interworx that has disabled the repos, as they will have never been enabled

As an admin, you have the power to turn on or off what you consider is appropriate for your systems or what you trust, or turn off what you do not

Cpanel as far as I know, is locked and you do not have this facility

You can turn on any repo you trust

I hope that helps, and sorry it is very late here where I am

Many thanks

John

[QUOTE=d2d4j;28528]Hi synthetisoft

Please do not mistake IW for cpanel

Cpanel locks the distro, interworx does not

It is not interworx that has disabled the repos, as they will have never been enabled

As an admin, you have the power to turn on or off what you consider is appropriate for your systems or what you trust, or turn off what you do not

Cpanel as far as I know, is locked and you do not have this facility

You can turn on any repo you trust

I hope that helps, and sorry it is very late here where I am

Many thanks

John[/QUOTE]

Thank you but I do believe Interworx disabled them. I know I didn’t and they would have had to be enabled for me to install CloudLinux. The base repos come enabled by default by the OS and then after upgrading to CloudLinux. My experience isn’t exclusive to cPanel, I’ve just never used Interworx. The problem now is that I don’t remember which repos are standard for CloudLinux. I guess I can check my other server. Also, just so you know, cPanel doesn’t lock your repos. It just expects certain packages and enables repos for them if they’re not already. I imagine Interworx does something similar. Strange that my base repos were disabled though.

Now I can see that Interworx has its own repos on my system. Is it just for the panel?

when I run “yum repolist enabled” I see:

cloudlinux-x86_64-server-7                                                        CloudLinux Server 7 x86_64                                                                                        20,755epel/x86_64                                                                       Extra Packages for Enterprise Linux 7 - x86_64                                                                    10,051
interworx-release/7/x86_64                                                        InterWorx Release - RedHat Enterprise 7                                                                              115
interworx-release-noarch                                                          InterWorx Release - Generic                                                                                          298
interworx-stable/7/x86_64                                                         InterWorx Stable - RedHat Enterprise 7                                                                                37
interworx-stable-noarch                                                           InterWorx Stable - Generic                                                                                           228
remi-safe                                                                         Safe Remi's RPM repository for Enterprise Linux 7 - x86_64                                                           812
rpmforge                                                                          RHEL 7 - RPMforge.net - dag                                                                                          245

but when I view the contents of “/etc/yum.repos.d/cloudlinux.repo” all the repos in that file are disabled. I’m not sure what packages the interworx repos are managing. I just want to make sure I’m getting the most up to date and secure packages while not breaking Interworx compatibility.

Hi synthetisoft

IW repos are for IW

IW do not disable any repos, and most likely need to reread your post, but it’s likely a small bug between IW-cp correctly identifying the repos installed and if active or not

You may want to open a bug report with IW and let IW have a quick look

You can set IW to update itself depending upon your requirements, from nodeworx, system, updates.

On our systems, we have production servers set to stable and a test server running release candidate. When a new update has been pushed out, we check and schedule to update our production when happy

Sorry, cpanel I meant in general, as IW allow a system admin to make changes they need in full, and choose which repo they want to use, even allow rpm install etc… Cpanel is very much restrictive in this

Many thanks

John