Extra Nodeworx Users

Hello,

Is it possible to add a second (and possibly more) Nodeworx administrators to the system?

Also, is there a phpMyAdmin login to see the actual Iworx database it uses?

Thanks.

Not with the current release. I’ve suggested this before but am not sure it’s on the to do list or not. Currently you can add resellers who have the ability to create (their own) SiteWorx accounts but they don’t have access to glaobal settings.

I’m not really sure this is really a needed featuer ayway, giving out the NodeWorx login is not the same as giving out the root login (on setup they are often set the same but theyare not the same thing and can be reset independently of eachother), and acompromised NodeWorx password can be reset from the root shell with the following

/home/interworx/bin/resetmasterpassword.pex

Also, is there a phpMyAdmin login to see the actual Iworx database it uses?

NodeWorx’s instance of phpMyAdmin only has access to the databases stored in

/var/lib/mysql/

The interWorx database is stored in

/usr/local/interworx/var/lib/mysql/

So the answer to your question is “no” :slight_smile:

Thanks Tim for your answers (albeit slightly disappointing) :rolleyes:

I’m sure it is workable, however with a small number of people needing to access Nodeworx, I would have thought there would have been provision for multiple admins.

The reason for asking about phpmyadmin access to the iworx database, was in part to see if their was a ‘flag’ to change the user to a NodeWorx administrator.

Thanks for the help… and may I say your FAQ’s are excellent! :smiley:

[SIZE=2]

Is it possible to add a second (and possibly more) Nodeworx administrators to the system?
[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]This would be nice so one wouldn’t have to change the primary set up so much, it that is a problem.

[/SIZE]

no problem.

I’m sure it is workable, however with a small number of people needing to access Nodeworx, I would have thought there would have been provision for multiple admins.

It simply isn’t set up that way.

The reason for asking about phpmyadmin access to the iworx database, was in part to see if their was a ‘flag’ to change the user to a NodeWorx administrator.

If it were that simople, I’m sure the interface would already support it.

I do feel the need to point out that if you do figure out how to get into the Iworx tables, that it is NOT RECOMMENDED that you manually edit the Iworx database. Doing so is hughy dangerous unless you know exactly what you are doing and unless you have backups the only way to restore a fouled database is to do a reinstall of the InterWorx software which normally requires a server OS reinstall.

Thanks for the help… and may I say your FAQ’s are excellent! :smiley:

Thanks, and no problem.

I’ve thought about this myself and I did create a new nodeworx user although when I log in with this it still shows me to the main nodeworx user account information in the nodeworx main page, meaning theres some code limit somewhere that interferes with there being a different nodeworx user.

Anyhow, you can log into the database with phpMyAdmin when you log onto nodeworx, and there MySQL -> phpMyAdmin. From the server choice choose the bottom localhost and login. The username and password is written in the file /home/interworx/iworx.ini, just look for dsn=" there and you will get it.

What I did next was create a new entry in nodeworx_users, nodeworx and nodeworx_permissions. However this only enabled me to login and even that wasn’t as it was problematic as I said before.

It’s not a good idea to play with the Iworx database – it can really screw things up, requiring a reinstall :frowning:

Indeed, it could be hazardous. Might want to create a backup before. But the main point was that it shouldnt be hard for the interworx team to do it, just depends whether this is a proiority for them or not.

And I’m telling you that it does not appear to be, because the feature isn’t necesary :slight_smile:

IIRC I lobied for this feature a couple years ago but came around their way of thinking.

There busy adding things that are much more in demand.

We’ll see, maybe they will change their minds, but I wouldn’t hold my breath. :wink: