Few questions here....

Hi there,After testing your panel, we’ve decided to buy it, but there are a few questions we’d like to answer:

• What is the difference between “dedicated” and “shared” IPs?.
  • If we only had 1 public IP, could we setup a cluster service? Would the service run on private IPs? The setup would be with 1 public IP and behind it, imagine 5 servers doing load balancing and clustering. Would this be possible?
  • Why would we want or not want an IP address to be available or not available for Interworx CP?
  • Why would a reseller want a dedicated IP? Wouldn’t it be enough to use the IPs of the system?
  • What are the options of changing the language of statistics at the time you change general language? Could there be a drop-down box to change this?
    Best regards!
    Daniel S?nchez
  • What is the difference between “dedicated” and “shared” IPs?.

Dedicated IPs are designated for a single site only. Some options (like SSL) require a dedicated IP. Shared IPs can host many sites.

• If we only had 1 public IP, could we setup a cluster service? Would the service run on private IPs? The setup would be with 1 public IP and behind it, imagine 5 servers doing load balancing and clustering. Would this be possible?

Yes, 1 public IP is fine. The cluster nodes on the internal network must reside on the same network segment.

• Why would we want or not want an IP address to be available or not available for Interworx CP?

We’ve changed this in the upcoming release. There is no real reason that iworx shouldn’t be aware/enabled in iworx-cp.

• Why would a reseller want a dedicated IP? Wouldn’t it be enough to use the IPs of the system?

If the reseller need to setup SSL a dedicated IP is needed.

• What are the options of changing the language of statistics at the time you change general language? Could there be a drop-down box to change this?

I’m not sure wha tyou mean Daniel.

Chris

Thanks so much Chris for your answers. Here goes the question again:

What are the options of changing the language of statistics at the time you change general language? Could there be a drop-down box to change this?
I meant that if I have the whole panel translated into Spanish (for example) like I have, why not have stats in that language also (even if there had to be another drop-down box to choose the statistics language?

Many of the 3rd party tools shipped don’t have alternate languages. We may at some point unify those who do have multi-lang support to adopt the chosen language.

Chris

That would be a great idea because then you could open your potential market to a lot of people,not only English speaking. The question is: if I alter, for example, the config file for awstats and set it to be in Spanish, will an update of Interworx overwrite my settings? Thanks again!

It would overwrite at the moment Poooh. At some point in the future we’d love to have a “100% multi-lang” system but it’s made a bit tougher when integrating 3rd party systems. That said as we juggle our todo list we’ll definitly take a look at this.

Chris

the good thing that most 3rd party S/Ws now get shipped with multiple languages such as HORDE has support for many languages :slight_smile: