First Time - Guidance Questions

Thanks, setting up the maldetect now for continuous monitoring. Thanks again buddy!

[QUOTE=d2d4j;24862]Hi

Sorry, thinking ahead incase you have not already, in system services, email server, mta, please make sure you set the correct RDNS for outgoing IP your using. If you provider has not set any RDNS you need to ask them too or your email maybe classed as spam or rejected.

Many thanks

John[/QUOTE]

I was just checking my settings from the server. Is there a setting I may have missed that would continue to cause like GMail to flag my messages to spam?

Hi

I’m sorry there are a few settings which need checking, but the bounce back message usually tells you the reason.

I’ll pm you my email address if you want to send a test email, and I’ll use the details to check various issues which could cause a bounce.

Alternatively, if you do not have any IPV6 addresses, you would be better to turn off ipv6 fully, which requires ssh on command line to edit your eth file and restart network.

Also, I’ve started to test spamdyke, and I think I’ve got it installed but not configured fully yet, but I’m busy next couple of days, how did you get on with it

Hope that helps

Many thanks

John

Sent you the E-Mail.

Hi Donkenoji

Many thanks, your email was classed as spam, which I expected given your comments, but as we use our enterprise mail servers, it was not an issue.

I have run some tests, which I’ll email to you using your gmail, but you have numerous issues which would cause the bounce/spam classification, which are as follows:

RDNS is wrong
Sender IP is listed in at least 2 RBL blacklists (Baracuda and UBL) (Please note tested against 95 RBL, listed in 2, 4 RBL timeout, 89 not listed).
SPF not setup
DKIMS/DK not setup
SSL not trusted

As a side note, some check the NS DNS for validity, so you may be advised to set these correctly, which also means setting the RDNS above as you use only 1 IP, or only 1 IP is listed on tests from your domain.

interestingly, but cannot be relied upon, a check also revealed your possible using the following on your server (please note this test only updates information if above 3 Months old, so if already checked previously, would give wrong result and is not 100% accurate at detection)

Apache/2.2.22 (Ubuntu) PHP/5.3.10-1ubuntu3.8 with Suhosin-Patch

I know you stated you were loading Centos so I’m guessing this was the original OS perhaps.

Once you correct the above, you should be good to go.

I hope that helps, but if you want more help in above, and prefer not to post your details on the forum, please PM me.

Many thanks

John

Hi

Sorry, I hope you don’t mind but for any users who do not know how to set RDNS correctly, it’s usual for you to request the RDNS you want set to the provider of the IP you have.

Please only set PTR if you have full control over IP and not just it’s use.

Obviously, once the RDNS has been set as you requested, you need to ensure the correct DNS records exists within your DNS server.

I hope that helps

Many thanks

John