FTP - Access is Denied

… what am I missing?

Fresh install of new IWorx CP on new box.
Created new Siteworx account.
Created new (and also tried using master) FTP account.

I can connect to FTP service/account fine - but have no permissions to create new folders/files, etc.

I’ve restarted proFTP from the GUI for fun, no change. I’ve tried a couple of different FTP clients.

It might be right in front of me - but I’m glossing over it.

Help?

JB

Anything in the /var/log/xferlog, /var/log/messages files?

Thanks for jumping in.

• xferlog is empty (haven’t been able to transfer anything yet).

• The only items in messages are:

Dec 19 09:38:53 iworx proftpd[8762]: iworx.tld.com (::ffff:173.15.xx.xx[::ffff:173.15.xx.xx]) - FTP session opened.

Dec 19 09:38:53 iworx proftpd[8762]: iworx.tld.com (::ffff:173.15.xx.xx[::ffff:173.15.xx.xx]) - Preparing to chroot to directory ‘/chroot/home/account’

(names/IPs have been changed to protect the innocent :wink: )

Figured it out. NOT a problem with the IWorx box at all.

On my Internal network, I’m behind a M$ ISA firewall - I had to modify the FTP access rule Outbound (by default, FTP is configured for “read only” and won’t allow uploading).

Maybe this gem will keep someone else from tripping in the future (including myself when I forget about this three years from now and go hunting again …)

JB

Glad you got it resolved :slight_smile:

We have recently updated a new Centos 5.3 server and transferred all exisiting accounts onto that server by way of IWorx transfer.

All is working well except we cannot get an FTP access at all. Whenever we try to connectwe get connection refused.

Status: Connection established, waiting for welcome message…
Error: Could not connect to server

Have deleted ftp accounts and recreated. Still same problem.

No firewall issues here. HELP!

Thanks

[QUOTE=JayBaen;16664]Maybe this gem will keep someone else from tripping in the future (including myself when I forget about this three years from now and go hunting again …)

JB[/QUOTE]

This has happen to me with using these forums http://interworx.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2662

I actually googled for my issues and brought me here and saw that the thread I was reading was my own with my own solution.

Although it was a couple weeks, not a couple years :slight_smile:

Any ideas. Still facing same problem.

Thanks

If you are still having this issue, you should really file a support ticket so we can take a look.