FTP Access

Hi,

I just created a Siteworx account to start some tests to a future migration of my site to the new server. But I can’t connect to it using FTP.

I give to the account a dedicated IP. Give to it the domain name of my site, as you can?t create a account without a domain name and can?t change it later. But will only change de Network Solutions DNS information after all is tested and ok, so I?m accessing it using the IP. The web access is ok. I just type the IP on the browser and see the site.

But can?t connect to the FTP account.

On my FTP client I use the following information:

Host Name: x.x.x.31 (my Interworx account dedicated IP)
User ID: ftp@mydomainname.com (created by Siteworx)
Password: ******* (my password)

Every time I try to connect (tried many different ftp clients) I get the error:

“Failed to receive response after connect”

Am I missing something? :confused:
OBS: The IP port 21 is open, I checked.

Thanks again.

I’ve had a couple issues before that may be related.

Something happened, after an update I assume, that changed my FTP password. The siteworx one still worked and was the same, but I had to correct the FTP one.

Did you give the domain a “real” domain name? It doesn’t need to be transfered, but I created an account once with a fake domain name and had all kinds of problems with it. I finally ended up having to just make a brand new account with an authentic domain AND a different account name (wouldn’t work with the old one either).

Also, there’s always the passive FTP setting to play with, too.

Try restarting the FTP service in NodeWorx. We’ve found that sometimes the very first FTP account created won’t work until the server is rebooted, or the FTP service is restarted. After the initial install this doesn’t seem to happen again.

Paul

I think the problem isn’t related with the password. The Ftp error I recive isn’t a autentication error, but a “Failed to receive response after connect” error. Anyway I tried many FTP accounts and many passwords.

Yes, I give it the domain of my site, the site I will transfer to the this new server.
I also tried passive FTP and many FTP clients, with no lucky.

Just for kicks I’d try restarting proftpd:

service proftpd restart

or use the nodeworx service interface.

Chris

Paul, thank you, great weekend suport :slight_smile:

Restarted the FTP server and all is fine now. Thanks.

EDIT:
Chris, just saw you message. Thank you too.

I think the problem isn’t related with the password. The Ftp error I recive isn’t a autentication error, but a “Failed to receive response after connect” error. Anyway I tried many FTP accounts and many passwords.

Duh. :rolleyes: Nevermind. :o

Hello IW team. Can you repair this issue 10 years old please?
Before reading this thread I loose some time resolving the same problem.