ftp auto generate password

Hi,

u should remove “generate password” for FTP users, system is generating too long passwords and login to proftpd is inposible.

Regards,
ajsss

Hi ecohost

I hope you don’t mind, but in my opinion the password length is about right, but could be better if it also included symbols, and as was posted on forum, should not be an even number in length.

However, that said, you should be able to adjust it from system settings, password

A BIG warning though, I advice not to make it too weak, or you will have issues from attackers.

This is just my thoughts though, so please feel free to disregard.

Many thanks

John

i think u don’t understand what i mean, when i go and create ftp user and press the generate password button, everything is fine but when i try to login via total commander i got login failed, when i change the generated password to a shorter one i can normaly login to ftp.

Hi ecohost

That would suggest a setting within total commander, but I cannot help as we do not use it sorry, and I would be surprised if it did not allow for a long password.

I can tell you all the standard FTP program’s do not have any issues, and these include free FTP through to paid FTP

I hope that helps but I’m sure you have tried normal FTP anyway

Many thanks

John

I have tried every way interworx provides for importing from a cpanel, direct file (gui and cli), and ssh and I keep getting a license error. I have tried to import another account and it works, but this account just dies.

Hi terrystickl

Please do not high jack other posts.

I’m sorry, without more details, it is hard to comment but as it’s cpanel, I would open a support ticket and let IW see what’s happening

Many thanks

John