Gentoo version

Just wondering if there was any plans to develop a Gentoo vers anytime soon? Also, What services does the control panel make use of? These are the current ones I use, are they compatable with this panel?:

www: apache2
ftp: proftpd
mail: exim
spamprot: spamassassin
sql: mysql
fw: iptables
dns: bind v9

Wopps. Just did a search and found out you guys don’t plan to support gentoo. I’m very disapointed. Thought your panel might actually be better then Directadmin or Cpanel.

It is, just doesn’t support gentoo . . .

Gentoo is definatly a required OS for those CP’s wanting to stay in biz. I’m not going for Interworx in our datacenters because of it.

Well it’s human nature to think whatever distro you use is the one everyone likes. I dont think Gentoo is really even geared to the server market. I could be wrong since I dont follow Gentoo, but I haven’t heard a lot about it for servers.

As with anything you cant please everyone, just got to try to please the bigger group :smiley:

Gentoo is definatly a required OS for those CP’s wanting to stay in biz. I’m not going for Interworx in our datacenters because of it.

Apparently you’re not going with any other major control panel out there then :S.

Gentoo is, at the moment, a niche server OS in every DC I’ve come in contact with. I’m glad you like it, but as for it being “required to say in biz” I just had to chuckle :).

Chris

Actually I’m going with vhcs.net. It works awesome. And it’s open source.

Actually I’m going with vhcs.net. It works awesome. And it’s open source.

Based on your requirements in your other posts it’s the obvious choice apryan, good luck with it!

Chris