Gossamer file manager upload problem

Hi,

When I upload a file in siteworx Gossamer file manager everything works fine, the upload is sucessful. While Gossamer is doing the upload, put the file into “/tmp” and when it finished, Gossamer has to remove the temporary file from “/tmp”.
My problem is the temporary file is still exist after uploading in the “/tmp” and when user is uploading a big file user can be easily over quota because this temporary file’s owner is also a user.
Does anyone has the same problem?

Thanks, Gabor.

Hi Gabor

Yes, you are correct, our system does exactly the same.

I did note though, the files only appear to be a couple of days old and our users do use file man it think.

The files all start GTTEMP

Have you reported this as a bug, or can you confirm your files only appear for a couple of days.

Lastly, the tmp folder I believe is not counted for space quotas for siteworx or nodeworx

I hope this helps

Many thanks

John

Hi John!

I did not and I could not report as a bug, please can You do this? Thanks.
The files all start GTTEMP also on my system, I have the same problem.
The tmp folder is not counted for space but my users uploading big files (2gb+), so I can easily run out of space.

Thanks, Gabor.

Hi gabor

I hope you don;t mind, but I was thinking abouit this, and the more I thought, the more I am inclined to think it is not an IW bug, sorry.

I think it is an issue over tmp clearance of old files, and as you have issue with this, please see code below, which will delete old files. Please remember it the time frame for deletion is based on last access time, not how old the file is, and please amend/change as you need. Please use tmpwatch --help (man page) for all options.

This is based on Centos 6

You will need to set the script as a cron job, and run at your intervals.

I hope this helps, but if you still believe it to be a bug in IW, please let me knwo and I’ll bring it to IW team attention for review, if this is alright.

Many thanks

John

#! /bin/sh
flags=-umc
/usr/sbin/tmpwatch “$flags” -x /tmp/.X11-unix -x /tmp/.XIM-unix
-x /tmp/.font-unix -x /tmp/.ICE-unix -x /tmp/.Test-unix
-X ‘/tmp/hsperfdata_*’ 10d /tmp
/usr/sbin/tmpwatch “$flags” 30d /var/tmp
for d in /var/{cache/man,catman}/{cat?,X11R6/cat?,local/cat?}; do
if [ -d “$d” ]; then
/usr/sbin/tmpwatch “$flags” -f 30d “$d”
fi
done

Hi John!

This problem is still exist and not for only a couple of days. When somebody is uploading something via Gossamer, the GTTemp files will keep forever. I checked this on my hosting partner in Hungary and he is confirmed this on another servers.
Please, can you send this to interworx for a review? If you need more details, please let me know!

Many thanks, Gabor.

Hi Gabor

Many thanks, I’ll email IW now with post link.

I think though, you may need to open a support ticket to let IW have a look

Many thanks

John