Help! Something Went Terribly Wrong, Socheat!!

SOMEONE, ANYONE! PLEASE HELP ME! :frowning:

I uninstalled PHP with the command yum remove PHP, and put it back with yum install php.

[B]BUT IT REMOVED INTERWORX, FOR SOME REASON. IT REMOVED INTERWORX! I TRIED TO INSTALL IT AGAIN, BUT MY SERVER WON’T EVEN LOAD ANYMORE! ONLY SSH WORKS!

HELP!
[/B]

If you removed the php-iworx rpm, then I of hazarded a guess that iworx might have been able to restore the system for you.

However if you’ve tried to now re-install Iworx, then it may be a slightly bigger problem now. Can you confirm if your home directory is still there with website data?

DONT RUN THE goiworx.pex script WHATEVER YOU DO!

Put in a critical ticket to Iworx and see. You may be able to get a response this evening.

Sorry to hear this has happened. For future ref, dont delete anything like php-iworx etc.

The /home/ data is still there- I checked. I am happy, since it would seem nothing is lost since I have a full backup of each site within the home directory. :slight_smile:

I already opened a CRITICAL ticket. :slight_smile:

Open a support ticket !!

Hi Mark,

I think it is time to open a support ticket.

I am also downloading the full backups from the home directory via WinSCP. :slight_smile:

There is a dependency between the system PHP and InterWorx. In other words, InterWorx needs a php RPM installed for it to work. If you remove PHP with yum, yum will attempt to resolve these dependencies. Right before you clicked “Y” to remove the PHP package, yum displayed the list of other packages that would be removed as a result. You probably didn’t notice InterWorx was listed in that list. It would’ve looked something like this:

Dependencies Resolved

=============================================================================
 Package                 Arch       Version          Repository        Size 
Removing:
 php                     i386       4.3.11-100.rhe4x.iworx  installed         7.3 M
Removing for dependencies:
 interworx               noarch     2.1.3-13.iworx   installed         107 M
 interworx-nodeworx      noarch     2.1.3-13.iworx   installed         5.4 M
 interworx-siteworx      noarch     2.1.3-13.iworx   installed         3.9 M
 php-domxml              i386       4.3.11-100.rhe4x.iworx  installed         106 k
 php-mcrypt              i386       4.3.11-100.rhe4x.iworx  installed          38 k
 php-mysql               i386       4.3.11-100.rhe4x.iworx  installed          51 k
 php-pear                i386       4.3.11-100.rhe4x.iworx  installed         811 k
 php-xmlrpc              i386       4.3.11-100.rhe4x.iworx  installed          89 k

Transaction Summary
Install      0 Package(s)         
Update       0 Package(s)         
Remove       9 Package(s)         
Total download size: 0 
Is this ok [y/N]:

For future reference, when using Yum, take care to note what may get removed as a dependency :slight_smile:

First, re-install PHP:

yum install php

Then, reinstall the InterWorx RPMs

rpm -Uvh --force http://updates.interworx.com/iworx/RPMS/noarch/interworx-2.1.3-13.iworx.noarch.rpm \
http://updates.interworx.com/iworx/RPMS/noarch/interworx-nodeworx-2.1.3-13.iworx.noarch.rpm \
http://updates.interworx.com/iworx/RPMS/noarch/interworx-siteworx-2.1.3-13.iworx.noarch.rpm

As EverythingWeb said, DO NOT RE-RUN GOIWORX.PEX

If all you did was remove PHP, and there weren’t other dependencies removed, this should get things back to normal.

Socheat

… it didn’t work. :frowning:

I did everything just as you said, and it retrieved/prepared/installed all 3 RPM’s! My sites don’t load, and neither does the control panel.

I typed in “service iworx start”… and it said “unrecognized service”! :frowning:

Hi Mark,

Let’s continue this in the support ticket you have open, rather than communicating in both locations. The problems you are having are specific to your situation, so the others probably aren’t interested in the details. :slight_smile:

Socheat

Okie dokie, thanks for the help. :smiley:

I just wanted to say Socheat is the coolest guy alive. He fixed the entire thing for me. :slight_smile:

I disagree but whatever floats your boat :smiley: HAHA

I disagree that you disagree, Socheat is leet!!! :stuck_out_tongue: