Help - Trying to connect to sql db from Dreamweaver?

Hello all

Hope someone can please help me this , I trying to help my brother out who is doing a project for Uni but we are both stuck at this point.

I have my own server with Cheetaweb and I have setup a domain for my bother, created a user/pass/db for him now he is trying to connect to that db from Dreamweaver but keeps getting the error below:

My sql error # 1130 host ns1.teamhosts.com is not allowed to connect to this mysql server.

I have never tried to connect to a db using dreamweaver so I can’t really help him, but do I need something installed on my server to be able to connect from dreamweaver?

Also when I created a username for him and was setting permissions it asks “When Connecting From:” and its set as Localhost, should this be set to something else so he is able to connect from a external program like dreamweaver?

I am sorry to bug you all with this, I know its not quite relevent but hope someone can please help.

Thank you

Stuart

Stuart,

Indeed, in the When Connecting From field, he should add a second set of permissions and put the IP address of his local machine he’s trying to connect from in that box. That’ll open up permissions on MySQL when connecting from his computer.

Hello

Thank you so much for your help its much appricated, I am getting a little closer with connection but it keeps timing out, maybe I am not entering the correct details into the login, I have added my brothers IP address in with a 2nd set of permissions as you suggested but its just not letting me in, can’t see what is wrong here.

I have attached an image of the error and connection settings, would you mind taking a peek and seeing if I am doing something stupidly wrong here!

Thank you once again for all your help

Stuart

neilerror.jpg

MySQL server should be the address of the server you’re trying to connect to, so if you’re trying to connect to the database on your account with us, it should be your domain of the IP of the server. You should leave off the port “:2443” part of it.

Thank you Greg

Just removed port number so it just says the IP address and I tried to connect and get an error that it won’t connect, see attachement.

The IP address is correct as I have tested it fully, attached is permissions I have set which looks ok to me!

This is driving me mad, any ideas what the problem could be? Thanks again for your continued help.

neilerror2.jpg

Badger, do you have a firewall running on the server? If so, you should probably check to make sure that the MySQL port is open.

Hi Jonathon

Thanks for the message, I just checked Interworx and the Firewall isn’t on, status is set to stopped!

Try (just to test) changing the “When connecting from” to: %
and see if that works.

Hey its working, thank you so much , what does that % do out of interest?

Not that I am picking holes but now the data is loaded in dreamweaver shouldn’t I be able to edit and load the data stored in the tables? Right now its all just greyed out so I can’t do anything with it like its locked! Is there anything on the server that would allow me to read only and not edit? I gave % full permission!

Thank you again , sorry for all the questions, thank you thank you :slight_smile:

Stuart

Hey its working, thank you so much , what does that % do out of interest?

It’s a wildcard - means “when connecting from ANY host” :wink:

Not that I am picking holes but now the data is loaded in dreamweaver shouldn’t I be able to edit and load the data stored in the tables?

I’m afraid I’ve never used anything within Dreamweaver to manage the databases. If I want to work with Databases without using phpMyAdmin, I use: http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/gui-tools/5.0.html

Thank you so much, my brother is getting on great now, thanks again.