HTTPS not loading at all.

Hello,

1. I have added an SSL certificate to a website via SiteWorx and https:// domain name is not loading at all says cannot be found in both chrome and firefox. What can I do to fix this? I tried to search google and the forums but could not find a solution. Please note that the account has SSL and the certificate says it is valid with a valid exp. date and by PositiveSSL by Comodo.

2. Also - I would like to know how to generate a certificate that does not show as invalid when the users goes to HTTPS://hostname.domain.tld:2443, is there a tutorial for this?

[root@atom public_html]# netstat -lnp
Active Internet connections (only servers)
Proto Recv-Q Send-Q Local Address Foreign Address State PID/Program name
tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:25 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN 3806/tcpserver
tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:993 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN 21580/tcpserver
tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:2306 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN 20261/iworx-db
tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:995 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN 21575/tcpserver
tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:3306 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN 20447/mysqld
tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:110 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN 21619/tcpserver
tcp 0 0 127.0.0.1:3310 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN 20355/clamd
tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:143 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN 21590/tcpserver
tcp 0 0 127.0.0.1:783 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN 20472/spamd -d -q -
tcp 0 0 127.0.0.1:53 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN 21624/dnscache
tcp 0 0 :::2080 :::* LISTEN 11879/iworx-web
tcp 0 0 :::2443 :::* LISTEN 11879/iworx-web
tcp 0 0 :::80 :::* LISTEN 2043/httpd
tcp 0 0 :::21 :::* LISTEN 21521/proftpd: (acc
tcp 0 0 :::22 :::* LISTEN 20305/sshd
udp 0 0 173.236.65.210:53 0.0.0.0:* 7853/tinydns
udp 0 0 173.236.34.34:53 0.0.0.0:* 7856/tinydns
udp 0 0 173.236.34.35:53 0.0.0.0:* 7848/tinydns
udp 0 0 127.0.0.1:53 0.0.0.0:* 21624/dnscache
Active UNIX domain sockets (only servers)
Proto RefCnt Flags Type State I-Node PID/Program name Path
unix 2 [ ACC ] STREAM LISTENING 6071332 21549/xfs /tmp/.font-unix/fs7100
unix 2 [ ACC ] STREAM LISTENING 6071167 20447/mysqld /var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock
unix 2 [ ACC ] STREAM LISTENING 6071357 21564/saslauthd /var/run/saslauthd/mux
unix 2 [ ACC ] STREAM LISTENING 6070764 20261/iworx-db /home/interworx/var/run/mysql.sock
unix 2 [ ACC ] STREAM LISTENING 8102404 24072/ApplicationPo /tmp/passenger.30562/info/status.socket

Thanks

Hey Anthony, welcome to the forums!

For your first problem, you should file a support ticket (https://www.interworx.com/support/helpdesk/) so we can take a look.

As for the second, any self-signed SSL cert will show up as invalid in the browser, you’ll have to use on from a trusted party. In InterWorx 4.4 (coming soon, but no concrete release date yet) we’ve added the ability to change the SSL Certificate that InterWorx uses for it’s web server. In the meantime, if you have an SSL cert that you would like to use it’s pretty easy to manually add it.

First, open the /home/interworx/etc/httpd/httpd-custom.conf and look around line 108. You should see the following:

SSLCertificateFile    \
            /home/interworx/etc/ssl/iworx.crt
      SSLCertificateKeyFile \
            /home/interworx/etc/ssl/iworx.key

The two file paths are the locations of the crt and private key file that InterWorx uses for SSL. Those will get overwritten when InterWorx updates, so you’ll want to create new files in that directory.

So, create the relevant information at /home/interworx/etc/ssl/iworx-custom.crt and /home/interworx/etc/ssl/iworx-custom.key, then update the httpd-custom.conf file so it looks like this.

SSLCertificateFile    \
            /home/interworx/etc/ssl/iworx-custom.crt
      SSLCertificateKeyFile \
            /home/interworx/etc/ssl/iworx-custom.key

From here, restart iworx

/etc/init.d/iworx restart

and InterWorx should now be using your SSL Certificate.

I actually regenerated iworx certificates with a purchased wildcard and it works perfectly, I rebooted the server and now client SSL works fine.

:]

I am very very very happy with this control panel so far, where has it been?!?! I do have 2 suggestions:

1. http://www.interworx.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3156

and 2. You should enable the ability to download the ENTIRE template not just the main files, when i navigate to /home/interworx/templates/(name) there is alot more files there which I enjoyed modifying. We want to create a totally branded solution using your control panel for our clients and resellers and so far have great luck, changed language files, now just design. I will of course keep you updated with the final result :]

PS. Can’t be happier we left cPanel… (if a cPanel rep is reading this please just start over.)

Thanks Again,
Anthony

Glad it worked and glad to see another happy InterWorx user. :slight_smile: We’ll take your mass edit idea into consideration, so you may see it in a future release.

Which files in the templates directory are you talking about? You should be able to brand everything properly by adding to/editing the theme.css file and adding images as needed.

One of the main 2 templates I needed to edit via ssh was index.tpl and custom-???-top.tpl these two files contained the TITLE html attributes in which “NodeWorx” or “SiteWorx” was listed (which sadly was done in plain text not using the language selection, which would default to the default system language if the user was not logged in)

So I modified it, there is a language tag available for each name :]

Also perhaps add this to my suggestions:

1. A language editor, similar to DA and cPanel, ability to 1 click edit, or add a language variable to one or all of the languages (if you select more then one you would have to enter the different word/phrase per language). Currently you must download and re-upload and it becomes (close to impossible) to do that with US-EN since you cant delete it and re-upload it if its your default language

Just a small suggestion! :]

Thanks Again,
Anthony

Just FYI, that change will be overwritten on the next update (which is probably today for a hotfix release!) if I understand how you did it. Same with the language keys, I think - we leave “new” languages alone, but since we maintain the ones that come with InterWorx, we overwrite those. FWIW, that’s why it’s a pain to edit yourself, we don’t want you to and then be angry when you lose your work!

Which is one of the reasons we don’t let the whole thing be downloaded. We used to…and whenever an upgrade needed to change one of the files that had been edited by the “custom” theme (bug, new features, whatever) we had a choice - leave the user with their custom edits, and no way of knowing that there’s new functionality, or attempt some sort of merge, or just blow away their changes.

All three are bad choices :slight_smile:

So, with 4.0, we changed the theming system to only allow editing of files that had been deemed to be “safe” - they provide no direct functionality from InterWorx, so the end user can edit them to their heart’s content. The other stuff is blown away.

There’s still a trick - if you copy the tpl files you want to edit into your custom theme, then those copies will be used - the custom themes cascade backwards to the parent themes, so if you have the file there, it will be used. You’re taking the risk that we’ll make a change that will be a problem, but it’ll work. The other issue you’ll have is that the upload/install theme interface won’t allow it - it has protections in place to prevent this. You’ll have to do it through the command line.

The language file is harder - definitely make sure you’ve backed those up :). There’s really no good way to get rid of the terms NodeWorx and SiteWorx…the language system is designed for allowing translations into other languages, not customizing existing ones, so you’re sorta gaming the system. As you’ve pointed out, there are a few that remain hard-coded, since “NodeWorx” and “SiteWorx” are trademarked and therefore should be the same in every langauge. (I know we’re probably inconsistent on that point.) Even if you remove it from the language files, it’d still be in the urls…

The closest you could get for now would be to upload your language file as another language, something obscure that would be very unlikely for InterWorx to provide in the future…Abkhazian, the first option, is probably a good choice…and then set people to use that. It’s not a great solution, I know…but it’s the only way we can think of that won’t get blasted by upgrades.

So. Two hacks :slight_smile:

I’m going to log this as a feature request…you’re not the first to ask, and probably won’t be the last. It won’t be trivial, so it’s going to wind up in the “someday, but probably not soon” category.

I’ll respond to your other suggestion in the other thread. This one has already been self-threadjacked enough. :slight_smile:

Tim

Appreciated, perhaps there should be a global way to change the following 3 words in all language, title, and urls.

InterWorx, SiteWorx, and NodeWorx. Allowing this customization is a mere edit of 3 files currently so it should be a small hotfix issue (besides the settings location where you configure the name) and should be a very useful features to those who wish to brand the system as they please.

And please understand I am not trying to dis-credit interworx, just provide a completely re-designed control panel to appear that it is custom to just our company powered via the very intelligent interworx :slight_smile:

Thanks
Anthony