Important: InterWorx License Server Compatibilty Update

There was a bit of a snafu when we went to renew our interworx license server’s SSL certificate today. It turns out these new SSL certs just don’t get along well with CURL’s default ca-bundle.

To address this problem as quickly as possible, we’ve just released a new set of InterWorx 3.0.3 RPMs, version 3.0.3-1017. This isn’t technically a “new version” - just think of it as the current version slightly re-packaged to address this license server issue.

This update is required. Without it, your server will have problems connecting to the license server, and will eventually disable the control panel. If you login to your server and see a count-down to license expiration, don’t worry, just login to your server as root and run

yum update interworx interworx-nodeworx interworx-siteworx

No critical services are disabled (web, mail, etc) if this occurs, and it is easily remedied via a yum update, as described above. Only the control panel web interface is affected.

As always, if you have any trouble, don’t hesitate to open a support ticket and we’ll gladly assist you.

Paul

Hi Paul,

Paulo

I should have checked the forum more faster…

WARNING This control panel license will expire in: 0 hours 13 minutes 41 seconds

:stuck_out_tongue: thanks for the info

I got quite a scare there :wink:

Note to self; ALWAYS check the forums BEFORE thinking the worst :smiley:

FOLLOW UP; Did this affect email-delivery in any way?

ahh thats the problem, glad i checked here first :smiley:
all done
Thank you

Wondering same thing as had a couple of client complaints :confused:

[QUOTE=EverythingWeb;14601]
Wondering same thing as had a couple of client complaints :confused:[/QUOTE]

No, it shouldn’t have affected mail delivery at all. The mail delivery system is independent from the license system, only the control panel web interfaces are disabled if a license expires.

Paul

Thanks for the explanation, Paul.

sugestion: Why not set-up a (tech) mailling list only with the updates and new releases information ? :wink:

We had one for about 6 months last year but 3/4 of the people on it were Nexcess/Iworx staff and then it got hacked so it got killed.