Install "file manager"

Hi,

“file manager” is not in the siteworks menu of my control panel. How can i add it?

Thanks

Hi fanmail

Welcome to IW forums

Goto nodeworx, server, settings, siteworx and enable file manager status and save

The default setting for file manager is enabled so not sure why yours is disabled.

Many thanks

John

File Manager Status is already enabled but i can not find it in control panel left pane.

Hi

Perhaps it is a theme issue then

Try changing theme to a default theme to see if it appears correctly

If it still does not appear, and you have tried using a different browser (to be sure it is not pulling from browser cache) I would open a support ticket with your licence provider and let IW have a look

This is the first tome I have heard of File Manager not been shown though sorry

Many thanks

John

The theme installed is ‘Gandalf’. Same thing with firefox.

I have opened a support ticket: https://support.interworx.com/ticket/42882/

Thanks for your help.

Hi fanmail

It looks like you got the information you needed in the support ticket. If not let me know and we will followup with you in the ticket.

Just thought I would follow up in hopes it helps anyone else. We had the same issue with a newly created account where the file manager was already enabled but when trying to access it from siteworx we would get the error “You don’t have permission to access /siteworx/cgi-bin/fileman on this server.”.

The way we fixed it was by disabling file manager and then enabling it again. Once we did that, the file manager was accessible for the end user. Thank you

James

Hello–

That is a known issue with new installs, which is different from what this old ticket is about.

If you run into it in the future on a new install, just run the following:

~iworx/bin/cvspermsfix.pex

Thanks,
-Jenna