Installing + GDIs 102 -> 103

Hey everyone,

I have a fresh install of Fedora Core 4 and when I try to run the install script “iworx-cp-install.sh” i get the error

“Importing RPM GPG Keys
ERROR: iworx-cp-install.sh requires GIDs 102 -> 103 to be unused”

Like i said this is a fresh install so im a bit confused…

Thanks,
Bill

If your fresh install put on an smtp server or pop3 maybe those are using those ids. Try removing those if they are there. Just check the /etc/group and see.

Although you may want to put in a ticket b/c im not 100% sure thats the problem.

What is using uid 102/103 bill?

Chris

You can find out by looking in /etc/passwd

The reason it’s a problem is that qMail needs those uid’s.

Is this on a dedicated server or a vps? I had this issue on a vps once when I did a reinstall of the vps and left the user table intacked so the qmail rpm was removed but the qmail user wasn’t. Could this be your problem?

sorry…

hey guys, sorry I didnt get the notification that anyone responded.

I took justec’s suggestion and looked in /etc/group…there was a program, I dont remember which, but was using GID 102. I just uninstalled it and deleted the line from /etc/group…all i well now…

thanks for the help, sorry I didn’t get back to you guys sooner.

For the record, I notice that anytime I do a “install everything” install of any linux distro, I have a bunch of problems. This may not be the best option for many people. Any suggestions on what the “ideal” install is?

Thanks!

Hi mpcomputer,

We recommend doing a “Server only” install when installing the OS.

Hope that helps,
Socheat

That’s a good point. As Socheat said, a “server only” install is generally best. Both from a “less headaches during install” standpoint as well as a security standpoint – the more running on the box the more youneed to keep up to date and the more possible secutity holes. The InterWorx-CP installer script will install any PM’s that it needs that are not already present on the system, so there are no worries there.