InterWorx 1.8.0 RC1 - Call for testers!

As of this release, InterWorx-CP offically supports RedHat 9.0, Fedora Core 1, Fedora Core 2, and Centos 3.1. We are now over the biggest hurdle to supporting virtually any RPM based linunx distribution, and you can expect to hear us announcing support for more platforms in the coming weeks.

We are also providing the very latest updates to important hosting related software, including Apache, PHP, and MySQL.
The current versions of each package that we provide are:
Apache Web Server: 2.0.50
MySQL Database: 4.0.20
PHP: 4.3.8
These packages will automatically be upgraded on your server when you install InterWorx-CP 1.8.0.

Because there are significant infrastructure changes to this release, upgrading can not be done the way it has been done in the past. A script must be downloaded and run on the server to perform this upgrade. After this upgrade, future upgrades will return to the normal/automatic method.

There are also a handful of new features, including:

• Themes - InterWorx-CP now comes with three default themes for you to choose from, and allows you to customize the NodeWorx and SiteWorx interface however you like.
  • SiteWorx SSL - A web based interface to assist in setting up SSL certificates.
  • New phpMyAdmin version
  • A long list of bug fixes, interface tweaks, improvments.

At this time we are asking for some folks to volunteer to test this upgrade. If you’re willing, please e-mail beta@interworx.info and we’ll contact you with instructions on how to proceed.

Thanks!

Paul

Hi :slight_smile:

Good job, I’m very pleased to know that interworx will support CentOS.

Just want to say that I’m VERY enjoy to use Interworx and I’d like to congratulate all the InterWorx team !!!

@+++
Pascal

Installed it yesterday morning and it’s running great. I really like the new themes manager. Makes it easier to change/alter/create your own themes.

Took me a little bit to figure out how to enable SSL on an account (it’s buried in the account page if you click Edit on an existing account). I do like how all the actual creation, etc. is done on the SiteWorx side. Less hassle on my part by allowing users to administrate their own certs.

It also appears to run faster than 1.7.0. I don’t know if it’s just me, but the pages seem to load faster than before.

All in all, great job!

Thanks a ton Dave, we’ve had no major problems with those BETA testing so far and I’m glad you hear you’re having no major problems either. This is our biggest release to date, mainly because we had to bring all of the ancient RedHat 9 RPMs up to date to have a solid foundation to support other distros. This has been a success thus far and we have CentOS and Fedora 1/2 boxes live with 1.8 with 0 feature loss/difference. We also have White Box Linux working in house as well as the Red Hat Enterprise line of products :).

As I type this we’re working on more features for upcoming releases, so keep checking back :).

Thanks again for trying out 1.8.

Chris

You guys never quit :wink:

Sent my email to beta a few monents ago. Thanks.

Sent you the info Tim :slight_smile:

Chris

Hmm, I still haven’t recieved it. Did you send it to my softhome.ned address or my transwarphosting.net address ?

softhome, but I just forwarded to transwarp as well 2 min ago.

Chris

Got it. Thanks

[Fri Aug 27 01:03:50 2004] [warn] module suexec_module is already loaded, skipping
httpd: module “mod_perl.c” is not compatible with this version of Apache (found 20020628, need 20020903).
Please contact the vendor for the correct version.

and

Stopping httpd: [ OK ]
Starting httpd: [Fri Aug 27 01:06:54 2004] [warn] module suexec_module is already loaded, skipping
[ OK ]
Stopping InterWorx-web: [ OK ]
Stopping InterWorx-db: [ OK ]
Starting InterWorx-db: [ OK ]
(98)Address already in use: make_sock: could not bind to address 0.0.0.0:2080
no listening sockets available, shutting down
Unable to open logs
Starting InterWorx-web: [FAILED]

-=-=-=-=-= ALL DONE! THANK YOU! FOR USING InterWorx-CP =-=-=-=-=-

The script appeared to run fine other than these two things. Is this a problem?

I’m going to log on now and take a look around.

[Fri Aug 27 01:03:50 2004] [warn] module suexec_module is already loaded, skipping
httpd: module “mod_perl.c” is not compatible with this version of Apache (found 20020628, need 20020903).
Please contact the vendor for the correct version.

This isn’t a problem, just edit /etc/httpd/conf.d/iworx.conf and remove the LoadModule for suexec and it’ll fix this problem. The mod_perl problem I believe is fixed after the upgrade is done, but since the apache restart happens while mod_perl is in limbo you get the above warning/error. Restart apache after removing the suexec stuff from the file I mention and it should be fine.

Stopping httpd: [ OK ]
Starting httpd: [Fri Aug 27 01:06:54 2004] [warn] module suexec_module is already loaded, skipping
[ OK ]
Stopping InterWorx-web: [ OK ]
Stopping InterWorx-db: [ OK ]
Starting InterWorx-db: [ OK ]
(98)Address already in use: make_sock: could not bind to address 0.0.0.0:2080
no listening sockets available, shutting down
Unable to open logs
Starting InterWorx-web: [FAILED]

Have seen this on RH9 a few times. Apache doesn’t shut down 100%, just restart the iworx service and it should be fine.

Chris

btw, restart ‘iworx’ by just doing:

service iworx restart

Chris

InterWorx just started and looks fine so far. Thanks. WIll look into editing the apache file afte I take a look around. :slight_smile:

I fixed that problem for future upgrades. Like I said, it’s harmless but warnings are never nice to look at.

Chris

I commented out the line

LoadModule suexec_module modules/mod_suexec.so

Is that acceptable or should I completely remove it?

Have seen this on RH9 a few times. Apache doesn’t shut down 100%, just restart the iworx service and it should be fine.

Chris

I did. Works fine.

I commented out the line

You can safely remove it, the new iworx.conf that comes with a clean install of 1.8 doesn’t have it in there, but we were hesitant to overrwite/edit the iworx.conf for fear of messing with any additions that user’s added.

Chris

Coming soon to a Siteworx near you

Also announcing the addition of a new feature to the 1.8 release: a control panel importer or, what I’ve unofficially named Importer 5000. :cool: Importer 5000 will take the backups of other control panels and import the account information and data into a new Siteworx account. Currently, only cPanel backups are supported, but more will be added soon.

As a side note, with the birth of Importer 5000, we are a hop, skip, and a jump away from restoring Siteworx backups.

Sounds like a good plan. I know this will help a lot of users migrating from cPanel

Language manager cooming soon, too

Hello,

One a side (and minor) note, a language manager is coming to InterWorx soon (probably next release). The NodeWorx user will be able to specify the language for all new SiteWorx accounts, which can be overridden by SiteWorx users. The NodeWorx user will also be able to upload new languages as well as download the currently installed languages.

Bojan