Interworx 4.7.2 crashes few times a week

Hey, every two or three days Interworx crashes on our Centos 5 server.
All other services works keeps on working, it’s only the iworx service that gets unresponsive.
I have to go in via ssh and restart the iworx service manually ( service iworx restart ).
As far as I can see, there are no errors in the logs. :frowning:
Any ideas where I might find a log that can show something?

I think your best bet here to put in a support ticket so the Iworx team can take a look.

https://support.interworx.com/

same problem I’m having the support of the interworxu for several months. My problem occurs only when the access to interworxu via google chrome browser. support interworxu it solved only a temporary solution. the problem is that google chrome open too many instances, which does not terminate, and after I have already exceeded the limit of instances to the control panel access.

[QUOTE=Evanion;18238]Hey, every two or three days Interworx crashes on our Centos 5 server.
All other services works keeps on working, it’s only the iworx service that gets unresponsive.
I have to go in via ssh and restart the iworx service manually ( service iworx restart ).
As far as I can see, there are no errors in the logs. :frowning:
Any ideas where I might find a log that can show something?[/QUOTE]

What’s your browser/operating system/internationalization?
Are you running any download accelerators?
Do you know if your ISP runs a cache or something to make pages load faster?
What brand/model router do you use?
Has this continued to happen since the 4.8.0 update? The iworx-web server version was updated and it may have corrected the issue.

What standus said is what we think is the problem but so far the issue has been so random and rare that it is very difficult to pinpoint. Essentially we’ve noticed that certain browser clients create rogue iworx-web child processes and even after they are done using the panel and the connection dies, the children continue to exist for sometimes days - even after the client’s system is restarted and all connections should be severed. This of course eventually ends up maxing out the max number of child processes and the webserver refuses to to take on more connections. A temporary solution we’ve found is to reduce the max lifetime of a child process so that it eventually is forced to die but this might cause issues if, say, you are uploading a large file and it takes too long to upload.

Also if you want to avoid restarting the entire iworx service you can run:

service iworx restartweb

to just restart iworx-web.

My configuration:
What’s your browser/operating system/internationalization?

• only via Chrome (last updated version)/Win 7 Pro/czech versions
  • with IE,FF no problem
    Are you running any download accelerators?
  • not same time
    Do you know if your ISP runs a cache or something to make pages load faster?
  • I dont think
    What brand/model router do you use?
  • Asus WL500g
    Has this continued to happen since the 4.8.0 update?
  • yes