InterWorx 4.8.0 is now live!

[U]InterWorx is proud to announce the release of the InterWorx-CP version 4.8.0[/U]
After many months of development, InterWorx today has released version 4.8.0 of its Hosting Control Panel. The update can be acquired via automatic updates or by running yum update in the command line. We encourage all clients to update to take advantage of the numerous bug fixes and new features this update brings. As always, this update is free for all control panel licenses.

[I]version 4.8.0 build 393 (2011-08-01)[/I]
CLUSTERING

• Prior to version 4.8.0, Interworx clustering required a load balancing configuration called "Direct Routing (LVS-DR)". As of Interworx 4.8.0, when adding a cluster node, you can now choose between Direct Routing and Tunneling (LVS-TUN) for the load balancing configuration. The addition of support for Tunneling based load balancing allows more advanced cluster configurations, including building Interworx clusters on cloud provider networks. With Tunneling, it is no longer required for the cluster manager and the cluster node servers to be on the same network segment for load balancing purposes.
  • It used to be difficult to remove a cluster node from a cluster if that node could not be brought offline for the removal from the cluster. It is now possible to cleanly and easily remove a "downed" cluster node from a cluster permanently.
  • It is no longer necessary to manually set the php-mode for each cluster node added to the cluster, Interworx will now correctly inherit the php-mode from the cluster manager.
  • When new nodes are added to an existing cluster, the new node is no longer automatically added to existing load balancing policies.
  • The start/stop of the cluster command queue when a cluster node is added/removed is now consistent and stable.
  • It is no longer necessary to manually add custom Interworx themes on newly installed cluster nodes, as Interworx will add them from the cluster manager automatically.
  • Any failures during cluster activation are now more clearly communicated to the user via the Interworx interface.
  • Nodes added to an existing cluster now have all domains' mail configurations correctly synchronized on the new node.
  • Fixed a problem deleting Siteworx accounts with corrupt or missing domain names, on cluster nodes.
[B]IMPROVED FORM AND PAYLOAD (DATA LISTS) SYSTEM[/B] Significant work has gone into the core Interworx Form and Payload (lists of data) system.
  • Web forms can now be displayed via javascript, minimizing the need for web page reloads, and speeding up the overall user experience, as appropriate.
  • Lists of data (for example, lists of e-mail boxes, or users, or Siteworx accounts, etc) are now using a new powerful new system that provides a consistent and powerful way to view and manage information handled by Interworx.
  • Data is easily sortable.
  • Data is easily pageable.
  • Data is refreshed automatically without requiring page loads, speeding up the user experience considerably.
  • All lists of data are now available via the already vast Interworx API, that includes XMLRPC, SOAP, and CLI support.
  • Support for "bulk actions" on lists of data has been added throughout the system.
[B]MAJOR IMPROVEMENTS TO THE DNS RECORD INTERFACES IN NODEWORX AND SITEWORX[/B]
  • Advanced new forms for adding and editing different DNS record types, including AAAA, NAPTR, SRV, and SPF records.
  • NS records can now easily be added for subdomains on parent zones.
  • Added the ability to optionally change the DNS SOA serial number to "BIND style" format under Nodeworx->Dns Overview.
[B]WEBSERVER "DEFAULT SITES" CONFIGURATION[/B]
  • Using the new IP Management->Default Sites section added to Nodeworx, it is simple to choose where the browser is redirected to if a website is accessed via the IP address only, and not via domain name.
[B]SITEWORX BACKUP SYSTEM IMPROVEMENTS[/B]
  • Scheduled backups made in Siteworx will now rotate the backups after a configurable number of backups to save disk space.
  • Scheduled backups now run as the new iworx-backup user rather than the iworx user.
  • Running backups will now do a better job of checking if they have enough space to complete.
[B]OTHER FEATURES[/B]
  • Lots of usability improvements for tablet and phone browsers.
  • ~iworx/bin/domain-promoter.pex can now be used to take a master domain, and have it "swap roles" with a pointer domain that is pointing to it. For example, if there is a Siteworx account with domain name "mydomain.com" with a pointer domain called "mydomain.net", then the domain promoter script will make "mydomain.net" the master domain, and "mydomain.com" the pointer domain.
  • It is now possible to view who is configured to receive Nodeworx system health status alerts via the CLI.
  • Added a customer contributed bash script that will clean up old unusable user stats files that waste disk space: ~iworx/contrib/awclean.sh
  • New Session History plugin allows tracking of changes made via Interworx (See: Nodeworx->Plugins: Session History, to enable the plugin).
  • Disabled Siteworx accounts can no longer FTP and send e-mail, in addition to the website being disabled.
  • Added a "Send test mail" feature on the mail queue page, and added a "time in queue" display for each message in the mail queue.
  • New bash completion script for use with the Interworx CLI: ~iworx/contrib/iworx-completion.sh (BETA). To use it, as root, run: source ~iworx/contrib/iworx-completion.sh, then type "nodeworx -u " and repeatedly hit "tab".
  • Improvements to the yum update interface, including viewing a single package's update history and the ability to install individual updates via Interworx (as opposed to all pending)
  • Performance log added track edge cases of Interworx performance degradation.
  • Siteworx based "system health" notification e-mails will now come from the reseller-owner of the Siteworx account in question rather than the default server admin.
  • Improved the speed of logging into phpMyAdmin.
  • Forms organized into groups are now collapsible by group.
  • Lists organized into groups are now collapsible by group.
  • Added Cross Site Script Forgery protection on all forms.
[B]BUG FIXES[/B]
  • Non-root CLI ssh users can not specify a secondary domain for the --login_domain parameter when using the /usr/bin/Siteworx command.
  • Importing accounts no longer requires that the local MySQL server be running, if that server is not needed for the import to complete.
  • It is no longer required for the webserver to be running when adding a Siteworx or importing a Siteworx account, if the webserver is already down when the account is added, and the webserver is not set to start on boot on the server..
  • The iworx init script could sometimes fail to completely shutdown the iworx-db processes. Extra steps have been added to prevent this condition.
  • Various tweaks and fixes to control panel importers.
  • Fixed a link to the Siteworx bandwidth graph in the "big menu" style.
  • Fixed setting of untrusted and trusted interfaces on the Nodeworx firewall page.
  • Directories named 'var' now show up in the FTP home directory chooser, as expected.
  • Directories in the FTP home directory chooser are now sorted in a more user friendly manner.
  • Fixed the start/restart/stop controls for the IMAP-SSL and POP3-SSL servers.
  • Structure-only backups would not complete if MySQL was not running - this is no longer the case.
  • Fixed a problem editing cron jobs via Interworx when certain languages were in use.
  • Fixed problems related to importing Siteworx accounts into reseller accounts as the master Nodeworx user.
  • Siteworx accounts on dedicated IPs, with SSL enabled, could not be moved to a different reseller account, due to IP assignment restrictions. This no longer the case - if a Siteworx account moves from one reseller to another, the dedicated IP ownership moves with it.
  • Fixed a problem with the Siteworx htaccess interface setting a default character set.
  • Configuration file editors would sometimes fail to validate due to TABs or other such characters, this is now fixed.
  • Fixed a problem setting e-mail vacation mode via horde, if the user logged in using a pointer domain for the e-mail address.
  • Fixed downloading of large Apache error logs via Siteworx.
  • Now possible to delete a permanently offline external MySQL server.

There are also numerous changes to the API. If you are a developer head over to the Change Log to see the complete list.

I was thinking yesterday that I would wake up today to see the update notification on the NodeWorx screen!

I was interested in using the new log cleanup script:
“Added a customer contributed bash script that will clean up old unusable user stats files that waste disk space: ~iworx/contrib/awclean.sh”

Is this something that is automatically run, something that can be controlled through NodeWorx, or something I can just run on the command line? Also, it’s called awclean, but it cleans up all log files correct?

Just looked at the script, guess it is just for AW.

Just looked at the script, guess it is just for AW.

Correct, it’s just for awstats, but awstats was the biggest space waster by far. And yes, it has to be run manually at the command line currently - it has the potential to hammer the disk searching for and deleting a lot of files, so we didn’t want to run it manually as part of the upgrade, and rather let the server admin choose when and how to run it.

faild upgrade

hi, mi upgrade faild on the db side , is there a way to re install the upgrade .

ahhh i made a:
yum reinstall interworx-4.8*

and its working now

I really like this update, nice features and less footprint. Very nice.
But as I am a dutchman, I always have to complain :wink:
Since this release IW ask if you are sure you want to logout. For me this is annoying, can this be turned off?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Michel

missing in “/nodeworx/dns” available IP list

@Michel - not really, no. One of the things we fixed for this release was a CSRF vulnerability. We fixed it by requiring a security token, generated for each session, to be passed in to the actions that actually DO things (as opposed to those who just list). As a result, direct links didn’t work, it had to have a form posting as an interim step.

It’s possible we could revisit this - I’m sure we could find another way to make it work if it’s important to enough people.

@Darknet - I see what happened there :). Oops. Fixing it now, there will likely be a new build today or tomorrow.

i think this is a bug

when i type :

service iworx status

iworx 13949 0.6 0.2 14260 2980 pts/1 Sl 15:14 0:00 _ /home/interworx/bin/iworx-db --defaults-file=/home/interworx/etc/my.cnf --basedir=/home/interworx --datadir=/home/interworx/var/lib/mysql --user=iworx --pid-file=/home/interworx/var/run/mysqld.pid --skip-locking --port=2306 --socket=/home/interworx/var/run/mysql.sock

InterWorx is running…

and this error when i edit a email account

replyCode: 696
replyText: groups_ac is not a member of this Form Form_SW_EmailBox_Edit
replyData:
null

found this error on the javascript console
Error: The stylesheet https://xxx.xxx.xxx.xx:2443/nodeworx/index was not loaded because its MIME type, “text/html”, is not “text/css”.
Source File: https://xxx.xx.x.xx:2443/siteworx/email/box
Line: 0

i have 296 emails acounts and when i tried to advanced 1 page the browser stays ther for ever.

help!!! :S

[QUOTE=du-llens;18272]I really like this update, nice features and less footprint. Very nice.
But as I am a dutchman, I always have to complain :wink:
Since this release IW ask if you are sure you want to logout. For me this is annoying, can this be turned off?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Michel[/QUOTE]

My vote on removing the annoying “Are you sure you want to logout?” question. :wink:

Daniel

i add my vote on removing the logout confirmation.

Duly noted. I’ll be out in HostingCon next week, but I’ll log a bug and figure out how to do it the week after.

Tim

Loving the new features and little touches here and there - great work as always guys! :smiley:

Dont now where to put this , this is the situation

in the new iworx , the very last update4.8.0 – 401.iworx

if you have more than 2 email groups , and edit an email account you get errors on email acount edit.

Hey guys,

Please open a support desk ticket too if you notice a bug. We get to see it a lot faster if you submit a ticket to the support desk system than through the forums since forums is intended for peer-to-peer support. Even if you are not a direct client we always welcome bug reports sent to our support desk. You can just email support@interworx.com, you don’t have to use the web frontend if you dont want to.

@omelin I’ll point a developer at your posts and try to get these looked at asap.

Thanks! I’ve submitted your bug to the tracker and it’ll be handled as soon as possible.

Omelin, I can’t seem to reproduce your bug. Could you open up a ticket at support.interworx.com with your server’s details so we can try from your end?

Logout “commit” nag has been removed in trunk, should make it into the next public build. Not sure of the eta there.

@Tim, would be great to not have to commit on logout!!!