InterWorx 5.1 Centos 7 Update.

Hey John,

Again, I can be dense. Do you want me to update you after the Interworx install and testing? I plan on putting some sites on it this weekend if I have the time.

Thanks,
Kent

[SIZE=1][SIZE=1]Hi kent[/SIZE][/SIZE]

[SIZE=1][SIZE=1]Sorry, yes please, once you have fully finished install/testing and allow a few days to pass, then update your post with your experience if you don’t mind.[/SIZE][/SIZE]
[SIZE=1][SIZE=1]I hope you don’t mind doing this, but it gives others real life experience from users currently using Cemtos 7.[/SIZE][/SIZE]
[SIZE=1][SIZE=1]Many thanks[/SIZE][/SIZE]
[SIZE=1][SIZE=1]John
[/SIZE][/SIZE]

Hey John,

I don’t mind at all, I planned on doing this. It helps everyone!

Regards,
Kent

Hey guys,

Okay, my quotas are not not enabled and I saw what you guys said to do. But what you show and what I see are 2 different things.

My grub file is below and isn’t close to what you’re showing.

GRUB_TIMEOUT=5
GRUB_DEFAULT=saved
GRUB_DISABLE_SUBMENU=true
GRUB_TERMINAL_OUTPUT=“console”
GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX=“crashkernel=auto rhgb quiet”
GRUB_DISABLE_RECOVERY=“true” swap defaults 0 0

Can the fstab be edited like below and get the same results after remounting the /home file system?

UUID=f5742534-e059-4922-afe7-8eec037bb0c7 / xfs defaults 0 0
UUID=4cf0f527-a793-4e10-8aa5-197a3fff07e0 /boot xfs defaults 0 0
UUID=D0DE-6140 /boot/efi vfat umask=0077,shortname=winnt 0 0
UUID=603e31ff-baa3-458f-a243-816ffdd16332 /home xfs defaults,usrquota,grpquota 0 0
UUID=8bd959ac-96db-4a99-9141-a6493fbb6c03 /opt xfs defaults 0 0
UUID=c955736b-9ca6-4c79-a6d3-e0cd9d918f63 /tmp xfs defaults 0 0
UUID=2f0da1fd-82ca-484c-bb18-09783f5c0ca3 /usr xfs defaults 0 0
UUID=51c8f143-af7a-47a9-ac9b-db792f16c179 /var xfs defaults 0 0
UUID=b8c4c18e-c189-41fa-bbf4-ef279c373870 swap swap defaults 0 0

Should enabling quotas be performed on any of the other partitions?

Or am I missing something, which is entirely possible!

Thanks,
Kent

Hi Kent

See your on xfs, so please see this link for correct setup first

Hope that helps

Many thanks

John

http://www.interworx.com/support/faq/enabling-quotas-centos7/

Hey John,

I did look at that, but what the page is showing that I should see is below after editing.

GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX=“rd.lvm.lv=centos_el7/root vconsole.font=latarcyrheb-sun16 rd.lvm.lv=centos_el7/swap crashkernel=auto vconsole.keymap=us rhgb quiet rootflags=usrquota,grpquota”

What I show from above is below after editing. There is quite a difference than the line above. The above does reference LVM, which I didn’t set up in the partioning.
[I]GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX=“crashkernel=auto rhgb quiet” rootflags=usrquota,grpquota"

[/I]So, would the above line be correct?

Regards,
Kent

Hi Kent

Many thanks and sorry, I understand now what your saying

I think though, your taking it too literal, as each setup maybe slightly different

I would just append the quota text to whatever your line is, save and rebuild grub, but first make a copy of your current grub file. Restart server and test

I hope that helps

Many thanks

John

Hey John,

Yes, I don’t explain myself well, and I am very literal. I just don’t want to dig a hole I can’t get out of!

Thanks
Kent

Hi Kent

Haha, I have same issues sometimes

Looking at your grub, for literal purposes, if your command line is correctly posted, it should look like this.

GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX=“crashkernel=auto rhgb quiet rootflags=usrquota,grpquota”

(note only 2 " in line)

save

cp /boot/grub2/grub.cfg /boot/grub2/grub.cfg.orig

grub2-mkconfig -o /boot/grub2/grub.cfg

restart server
test

mount | grep ’ / ’
Then run interworx installer
Hope that helps a little
Many thanks

John

Dear John,

Sorry to keep bothering you, but enabling user and group quotas is not even close to what is described at http://www.interworx.com/support/faq/enabling-quotas-centos7/. The article doesn’t say anything about the quota rpm being installed or not.

I looked and the quota rpm is not installed. So should the quotas be set AFTER installation of Interworx? Does Interworx install the quota rpm? Or should I install the quota rpm, enable quotas, and then install Interworx?

Thanks,
Kent

Hi Kent

I believe IW installs its own quotas, so you should be good just enabling quotas, then installing IW

I have not had to install quota rpm on either centos 6 or 7

I hope that helps

Many thanks

John

Hey John,

Well, I’m whipped!

You were correct, I installed Interworx and the quota package was installed. After enabling the quotas, I rebooted the box. It came up great, wish I could say the same for Interworx. It was dead in the water, but at least the quotas was enabled!

I started Inteworx using systemctl start iworx -l and it worked. I rebooted the box, only for Interworx to not come up again. I again had to start Interworx. This hapened when I tried the beta. I’ve installed Interworx for myself and friends many times, never had an issue.

Any ideas? This is frustrating.

thanks,
Kent

Hey John,

Never mind, I think I found this on your previous post. I’m looking at it now.

Kent

Hey John,

Well, I did what you said and Interworx came right up, no problem.

I am concerned on the firewall and iptalbes issue. I’m not comfortable with that. But I’m going to play with it as I do run a hardware firewall in front of my network. Only the ports used are allowed access. Do you know if/when the firewall issue will be fixed?

Thanks,
Kent

Hi Kent

Many thanks, and sorry, no I have no idea over firewall but I will email early next week to find out if IW are aware.

Do you mind me asking if you noticed firewall was displaying red, indicating not running in IW upon first install

Myself, I think I prefer iptables over firewalld, which the way I look at it, firewalld is running very much similar to Windows firewall, where you assign a firewall level, ie public, home , work etc which is why I believe, from some reading, that it is for desktops rather then servers, but it is up to the user to decide.

I hope that helps and glad you’ve resolved most of your issues.

Good luck and happy Halloween

John

Hey John,

Yeah, that firewall issue was even in the beta version. I would have thought they fixed that by now. It was my understanding that the iptables were some how an integral part of firewalld in CentOS 7.

No, I didn’t notice displaying red. I was configuring IW and got to the settings where it said that quotas weren’t enabled. I had forgotten about that, so I went and enabled the quotas and then reboot. After that is when IW didn’t come up. Sorry…

Don’t know if I have time, but I’m going to try to do a little testing this weekend. Friday was a bad day, people with iPhone 6 were having issues with my mail server, no one else did. The Apple people think that their iPhones adn Macs can do no wrong and if there is an issue, it’s always me. Ha, ha, ha… it never has been me and they’re learning. But the email issue was new. Apparently a few had minor updates and it change the email settings. We live a die by our email, so they weren’t happy.

I’ll keep you posted.

Thanks!

Kent

Hey All,

Well, the RC of IW isn’t ready for prime time yet. I wanted to test rather large site on it, so I downloaded a lot of files from a site and was uploading them via Filezilla to the test site running CentOS 7 and IW. Only 300 files were uploaded out of about 6,000 and the FTP stopped. I tried to access Nodeworx, but as you can see from the screen capture, it’s not possible. I rebooted the box and still no access. I verified the firewalld and iptables were stopped and then to get IW back up I started it. What you see is what it is now. Again, all i did was upload files.

I’ll try to take a closer look at this by the mid part of next week. Maybe on the next version release!

So disappointing… but IW should get there soon, their control panels rock!

Kent

Hey guys,

Well, it’s fixed for now. I ran ~iworx/bin/cvspermsfix.pex and it corrected the permissions. Strange, I had gone throush several reboots, added an IP, and added a site. There were no problems until I started uploading via FTP.

I also can’t say much for the FTP. It runs for a few seconds and then stops for 30 seconds, only to start again. I’m uploading from inside the network from another server to this IW. Very slow…

Hi Kent

Glad you resolved it but my experience is that it is not connected with FTP when perms fail. On our test server, we simply left it running for a few days whilst we were doing other things, tried to access it and saw the failure.

That’s why I posted about possibly running cvspernsfix as a cron job

So I suspect your FTP slowness is connected to a different reason.

Do you run any scanning software, and please don’t shout, but are your routes setup fully.

Actually as a test, if you were connected through your external firewall, could you bypass this and try directly

It’s just a thought though, and could be wrong sorry

Many thanks

John

Hey John,

I made a post to your last response and now I have to delete it. I found the issue, it was NOT Interworx, it was ME. I hang my head in shame. :frowning:

Yes, I was inside the networks, but hadn’t properly set up the new IP in my hardware fire wall. Once I did, the FTP went great, no problems.

It was me, all me, and not IW. Like I said, I love IW, I’m chomping at the bit to get it running on CentOS 7!

All is good!

Thanks,
Kent