InterWorx 5.1 Centos 7 Update.

Hi Kent

Haha I know the feeling well

Thanks for updating your post and glad you resolved it fully.

I was thinking, it might be best to start a known issue on centos 7 only, where users can track what is current issues

So far, it’s

IW not starting up on reboot
httpd - IW aware and noted bug
Firewall - firewalld or iptables
Perms failure - cvspernsfix resolves - cron job

Please add to this if you know anything else not working or if you have any fixes

Hope that’s alright

Many thanks

John

Hey guys,

Has anyone tried connecting to a database on CentOS 7 running Interworx? I can’t seem to get it to connect.

1. From the /var/log/mariadb.log is below. It doesn’t seem to change when testing, all stays the same.
    root@server mariadb]# tail -n 50 mariadb.log
    151031 17:07:16 [Note] /usr/libexec/mysqld: ready for connections.
    Version: ‘5.5.44-MariaDB’ socket: ‘/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock’ port: 3306 MariaDB Server
    151101 12:23:10 [Note] /usr/libexec/mysqld: Normal shutdown

151101 12:23:10 [Note] Event Scheduler: Purging the queue. 0 events
151101 12:23:10 InnoDB: Starting shutdown…
151101 12:23:11 InnoDB: Shutdown completed; log sequence number 1597945
151101 12:23:11 [Note] /usr/libexec/mysqld: Shutdown complete

151101 12:23:11 mysqld_safe mysqld from pid file /var/run/mariadb/mariadb.pid ended
151101 12:23:12 mysqld_safe Starting mysqld daemon with databases from /var/lib/mysql
151101 12:23:12 [Note] /usr/libexec/mysqld (mysqld 5.5.44-MariaDB) starting as process 28332 …
151101 12:23:12 InnoDB: The InnoDB memory heap is disabled
151101 12:23:12 InnoDB: Mutexes and rw_locks use GCC atomic builtins
151101 12:23:12 InnoDB: Compressed tables use zlib 1.2.7
151101 12:23:12 InnoDB: Using Linux native AIO
151101 12:23:12 InnoDB: Initializing buffer pool, size = 128.0M
151101 12:23:12 InnoDB: Completed initialization of buffer pool
151101 12:23:12 InnoDB: highest supported file format is Barracuda.
151101 12:23:12 InnoDB: Waiting for the background threads to start
151101 12:23:13 Percona XtraDB (http://www.percona.com) 5.5.43-MariaDB-37.2 started; log sequence number 1597945
151101 12:23:13 [Note] Plugin ‘FEEDBACK’ is disabled.
151101 12:23:13 [Note] Server socket created on IP: ‘0.0.0.0’.
151101 12:23:13 [Note] Event Scheduler: Loaded 0 events
151101 12:23:13 [Note] /usr/libexec/mysqld: ready for connections.
Version: ‘5.5.44-MariaDB’ socket: ‘/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock’ port: 3306 MariaDB Server
151102 7:56:38 [Note] /usr/libexec/mysqld: Normal shutdown

151102 7:56:38 [Note] Event Scheduler: Purging the queue. 0 events
151102 7:56:38 InnoDB: Starting shutdown…
151102 7:56:39 InnoDB: Shutdown completed; log sequence number 1597945
151102 7:56:39 [Note] /usr/libexec/mysqld: Shutdown complete

151102 07:56:39 mysqld_safe mysqld from pid file /var/run/mariadb/mariadb.pid ended
151102 07:58:01 mysqld_safe Starting mysqld daemon with databases from /var/lib/mysql
151102 7:58:03 [Note] /usr/libexec/mysqld (mysqld 5.5.44-MariaDB) starting as process 2100 …
151102 7:58:03 InnoDB: The InnoDB memory heap is disabled
151102 7:58:03 InnoDB: Mutexes and rw_locks use GCC atomic builtins
151102 7:58:03 InnoDB: Compressed tables use zlib 1.2.7
151102 7:58:03 InnoDB: Using Linux native AIO
151102 7:58:03 InnoDB: Initializing buffer pool, size = 128.0M
151102 7:58:03 InnoDB: Completed initialization of buffer pool
151102 7:58:03 InnoDB: highest supported file format is Barracuda.
151102 7:58:04 InnoDB: Waiting for the background threads to start
151102 7:58:05 Percona XtraDB (http://www.percona.com) 5.5.43-MariaDB-37.2 started; log sequence number 1597945
151102 7:58:05 [Note] Plugin ‘FEEDBACK’ is disabled.
151102 7:58:05 [Note] Server socket created on IP: ‘0.0.0.0’.
151102 7:58:05 [Note] Event Scheduler: Loaded 0 events
151102 7:58:05 [Note] /usr/libexec/mysqld: ready for connections.

1. Above it shows socket created on IP: 0.0.0.0. So in the config file, I changed localhost to 127.0.0.1 and that didn’t work. I don’t think anything changed.

2. There wasn’t a mysqld.log so I checked Interwrox at Server->Logs->mysqld.log and below is what I saw, which it was correct.

/usr/bin/tail: cannot open ?/var/log/mysqld.log? for reading: No such file or directory

1. The httpd error logs don’t show anything.

I checked and mariadb is running I’m not real good with databases, so I could be missing something. I’ve resarte httpd and mariadb in the event this had to be done. Nothing changes. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Kent

Hi Kent

I hope you don’t mind, but can you confirm the following

Put your IP address back to 0.0.0.0 and restart MySQL

Create a siteworx account and then create a database and username.

Check if created correctly using phpmyadmin

If created and accessable, can you connect externally using the user db details

If not, is this passing through your external firewall - check to make sure it is set correctly to allow

On your IW server, are you running firewalld or iptables - should be iptables (I’ll update later as IW confirmed iptables)

Is iptables running on IW server

If you still cannot connect, stop IW firewall and check for connection (then restart firewall )

I’ll check here later for MySQL on IW v5.1.1 for external connection

There’s probably more but I have to go

Many thanks

John

Hi Kent

Sorry, a thought came to me, so before doing the above can you

Set your IP address to 0.0.0.0 and restart MySQL

Create a siteworx database and user

I think your issue maybe your using the wrong username (and you should not be able to use root externally)

So double check your user for database - login to siteworx account, hosting, MySQL users - take note of full user name shown (should have unix-user, not just username)

Now try this username when connecting externally

Does this resolve your issue

Many thanks

John

Sorry for the delay in replying, but I’ve been very busy.

I uploaded a test page to the domain root and accessed directly from the web. It was able to access the database and list the tables. So the issue is not Interworx, but the software. Apparently it’s not compatible with the newer versions on this box.

On a side note, I haven’t had to run cvspernsfix resolves as I haven’t had a permissions issue since running it the first time. Not to say I’ll have to run it later, but so far I haven’t.

There is a lot more testing I need to do, but so far, all is looking good.

Regards,
Kent

Hey guys,

Well, it happened! I had to run cvspernsfix to fix the permissions issue. I was hoping I wouldn’t have to run it, but I did. Interworx is almost there!

Yeah!

Interworx at least corrected the below on today’s update for CentOS 7! They’re getting there! Only a few other bugs and it should be golden!

[I]Fixed issue with InterWorx not restarting Apache correctly on Centos7[/I]

Hey guys,

A few quick questions…

1. Interworx uses firewalld on CentOS 7 for the firewall, doesn’t it?
  2. If Interworx does use firewalld, does anyone know when there will be a fix for it? Although I do run a hardware firewall to protect my network, I don’t feel comfortable running a production server without the software firewall. Other than that, Interworx appears to work very well on CentOS 7!

Thanks!

Hi Kent

Hope your well

Sorry, I meant to have updated this as follows

Interworx use iptables not firewalld

Hope that helps and I hope soon to reload a test server with centos and IW very soon

Many thanks

John

Hey John,

Strange, I thought it used firewalld. Do you know if the issue with iptables have been corrected?

I’m going down to the datacenter tomorrow and performing a fresh CentOS 7 install. Late that evening or on Sunday I’ll install Interworx. I’ll let you know. On the past tests, everything else seemed to work great until I started firewalld. Ha, ha, ha, guess I should have tried the iptables.

Thanks!

Kent

Hi Kent

I am not sure, I would think it has been but if I remember correctly, IW showed iptables not working (firewall) but a test for ports opened, showed it was working.

Also, IW announced very recently that the issue over IW not starting up after reboot/repower was resolved.

Hope it goes well for you this weekend

Many thanks

John

Hey John,

When installing Interworx, do we use the normal stable version such as running the below?
sh <((curl -sL interworx.com/inst.sh)) -l

Or do we run something similar to below such as the release candidate?
sh <((curl -sL interworx.com/inst.sh)) -r release-candidate

Thanks,
Kent

If you want to install the stable version run the first!

Check here.

Hi Kent

Personally, I install stable, check everything is as expected, then upgrade to release candidate, but then after upgrade, revert back to stable update, and run release candida on test server, once new updates show fine, I schedule for upgrade to production servers by setting update to release candidate, update and reverse back to stable on production.

Works extremely well for us, giving the most recent at our choosing

I hope that helps

Good luck, hope it goes well

Many thanks

John

Hey John,

I’m confused… it’s not hard for me. :slight_smile:

1. If I understand you correctly, install the stable version first. Do you know if the box will come up after the reboot?
  2. After #1 above, I upgrade to the release candidate. I do this via the software upgrade in the GUI?
  3. Once the release candidate shows it’s been done, I reverse back to the stable version via the GUI?

Sorry, I’m hoping I don’t have to hit the datacenter again. If all looks good, I’m putting a few sites on it.

Thanks for your time.

Regards,
Kent

Hi Kent

Sorry for any confusion I might cause, I was just posting the way I do it

It’s centos 7, so install release candidate to be sure

You could always setup the server prior to datacentre and reset IP address, add additional etc then take to DC. Actually, your behind a seperate firewall, which I’m thinking your using nat, which makes it easier if you run same internal node

Many thanks

John

Hey guys,

Well, this sucks! I just tried to install the stable version of Interworx to CentOS 7 and never got past the setup. I’ve never had this happen before. Attached is a screen capture. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Kent

Hey guys,

Okay, I think I know what I did wrong, just don’t know how to fix it.

I double checked and for the license key I put in the key for my mail server. So I guess Interworx thought I tried to spam them or do something illegal. Anyone know how to fix this?

Can’t believe I did something so stupid.

Thanks,
Kent

Well, so much for the license. I did put the correct one in.

Any ideas?

Kent

Hi Kent

The screenshot does not show much, but you should be able to look at logs

I would rerun the installer but use release candidate

If you mix up your licenses, it’s simple to fix, just edit iworx.conf and change the password to correct license, then restart iworx.

If your license needs changing for IP address assigned and registered with IW license servers, just log into your IW account and change as required, but I don’t think you need to change as its not been registered.

You should not need to call back to DC, as SSH should be installed.

I hope that helps a little and please update your post with how you go

Good luck

Many thanks

John