Interworx and WHMCS

Hi

At present we are trying out Interworx as a replacement for WHM/cPanel. We run a company that deals in dedicated servers, business servers, shared hosting and vps hosting. At present we are not happy with the way cPanel is going.

For Interworx to stand a chance it must integrate with WHMCS however their does not seem to be one place that lays out what steps to take to integrate. Our problems at present are:

1. When clicking the “INTERWORX PANEL” button from within WHMCS ( setup>servers ) a browser window opens but returns an error " This Webpage is not available err_connection_refused "
  2. In WHMCS V6.0.1 we have set up the server with the required IPv4 address, name servers, FQDN and the security hash file from Interworx without the begin or end text. WHMCS insists that a user and password are required so we put the Interworx sysadmin username and password in.
    3 We have opened port TCP Outgoing 2443 on WHMCS server.
  3. WHMCS server has SOAP installed

Can anyone help or we are going to scrap project.

Regards

John Payne
TUGUK HOSTING

Hi knightrideruk

Welcome to the interworx forums

We use WHMCS without issues so I’m struggling to understand your issues.

Is your WHMCS on the same server or different server

For the API you need to use the whole API as displayed

If WHMCS is on seperate server, have the same ports been opened on both servers, and do you have anything which may block in between

If WHMCS is on same server, you need to set the web server to soft restart (apologies the actual name I cannot remember without looking which I’m on site at moment, so cannot do)

We have WHMCS 6.01 Dev installed on a test server, and do not see your issue nor do we see it with production WHMCS 5.14 I think is the last prior to v6.01

Have you updated all your DNS and flushed cache

Actually, did you generate the API key from nodeworx, API

I’m sorry I cannot be more helpful

Many thanks

John

Hi knightrideruk

Sorry, you stare opened 2443 OUTGOING - you need incoming opened as well

I’m not too sure what you mean by click interworx control panel button, I thought from memory this was only shown and able when an account had been setup

Many thanks

John

First of all, I don’t normally help WHMCS people since I hate that software with the highest passion ever, it’s like leaving your front door open :).

But I do love InterWorx, so I’m going to give my word in to try and help.

Did you use the full API Hash with the ------ INTERWORX API HASH --------- (example) in the hash box? You need to.

Is WHMCS hosted on the same server as InterWorx if so you might need to enable Graceful restart under NodeWorx > Services > Web Server > bottom box change it to Yes.

Other than that did you check the box saying SSL, if you haven’t check it, and if there isn’t one ignore this since I haven’t used WHMCS since May 2013 and just guessing what I can think of.

Hi mike

Yes, I know and apologies, I cannot post on vpsboard as my tapatalk has a failed cert and its stuck. Will have to look into more though.

I’m just waiting for a dev license so I can look at blesta from you haha

Actually, v6.01 gives a 500 error on module creation, so on my dev I cannot provision soteworx accounts, but it looks like a soap issue I think, as logs show details do not match.

Everything else works as expected and your correct, there is the option of SSL connection on API

Many thanks

John

[QUOTE=d2d4j;27648]Hi mike

Yes, I know and apologies, I cannot post on vpsboard as my tapatalk has a failed cert and its stuck. Will have to look into more though.

I’m just waiting for a dev license so I can look at blesta from you haha

Actually, v6.01 gives a 500 error on module creation, so on my dev I cannot provision soteworx accounts, but it looks like a soap issue I think, as logs show details do not match.

Everything else works as expected and your correct, there is the option of SSL connection on API

Many thanks

John[/QUOTE]

Hello John, no need to apologies haha I was talking about overall any threads haha, I even tell my customers if the mention WHMCS I tell them I can’t help them as I don’t have experience with that system for ages, and dislike it.

There is a 30 day trial mate you can install with or email sales@blesta and Paul can help you.

The 500 error could be anything then mate as they’ve changed a lot and probably mucked up the module itself, you’ll need to ask WHMCS as it’s encoded but they might have left the dbconnect.php or something weird.

Hi mike

Many thanks, your a star and I’ll grab a trial when time permits thanks.

If you notice, whmcs do not offer support for error 500, stating it is always a server issue but I did not in blesta do actually try to help where there are error 500, so that’s another plus 1 for blesta

Many thanks

John

[QUOTE=d2d4j;27659]Hi mike

Many thanks, your a star and I’ll grab a trial when time permits thanks.

If you notice, whmcs do not offer support for error 500, stating it is always a server issue but I did not in blesta do actually try to help where there are error 500, so that’s another plus 1 for blesta

Many thanks

John[/QUOTE]

Haha John mate that’s made my day thanks haha :smiley:

well i an issue, as when i try and create the plan in my WHMCS after order placed i just get this

Fatal error: Uncaught SoapFault exception: [SOAP-ERROR: Parsing WSDL: Couldn’t load from 'https://:2443/nodeworx/soap?wsdl’ : failed to load external entity "https://:2443/nodeworx/soap?wsdl" ] 0 in /home//public_html/clients/includes/classes/WHMCS/Terminus.php:0 Stack trace: #0 /home//public_html/clients/includes/classes/WHMCS/Terminus.php(0): WHMCS\Terminus::whmcsExceptionHandler() #1 [internal function]: WHMCS\Terminus->whmcsExceptionHandler(Object(SoapFault)) #2 {main} thrown in /home/******/public_html/clients/includes/classes/WHMCS/Terminus.php on line 0

Couldn’t load from ‘https://*******:2443/nodeworx/soap?wsdl’ lists the IP of my WHMCS server and not the server that Interworx is installed on

Hi easyhostmedia

Many thanks, but what version whmcs are you using

Also, did you get your firewall issue resolved.

To fully test if the nodeworx link is working, you need to reference the nodeworx/soap file directly but the IP requires to be the nodeworx server. If your using fqdn, has it populated correctly for the correct IP

Many thanks

John

[QUOTE=d2d4j;27730]Hi easyhostmedia

Many thanks, but what version whmcs are you using

Also, did you get your firewall issue resolved.

To fully test if the nodeworx link is working, you need to reference the nodeworx/soap file directly but the IP requires to be the nodeworx server. If your using fqdn, has it populated correctly for the correct IP

Many thanks

John[/QUOTE]

the firewall issue seems to have corrected itself.

using the latest WHMCS 6.0.2.

the Interworx service module is pre installed in WHMCS, so all i had to do was make use Soap was enabled on the WHMCS server.

setting up the server in WHMCS is just like setting other servers asking for the nameservers/IPs, hostname and then asking for the server type (Interworx) and for me to enter the username/password then the [RIGHT]Access Hash [/RIGHT][RIGHT](Instead of password [/RIGHT][RIGHT]for cPanel servers) and then it say secure [/RIGHT](Tick to use SSL Mode for Connections) which i tick and then it gives the port 2443.

so when an order is placed then it should communicate with the IW server to create the account

Hi easyhostmedia

If your whmcs is still giving same error today, you need to check you can reference your soap link in a browser. If you cannot, you need to correct so you can

If it still errors, where you have hostname, replace with your Iw server IP address

You do not need username and password, from nodeworx, create API key and copy/paste this in full into hash box

Lastly, incase you did not know, when setting product, make sure you type your theme correctly, all lowercase and no spaces

Many thanks

John