InterWorx-CP 3.0 Release Candidate Available

[b]NOTE: The RC1 testing period is now over. RC2 is now available here: http://interworx.com/forums/showthread.php?p=12316

This thread is now locked, and the RPMS below can no longer be downloaded, please use the RC2 thread an RPMS from this point forward.
[/b]

We’re happy to announce that InterWorx-CP 3.0 RC1 is now available for download and testing.

Some of the new features include:

• Improved Reseller support

• Improved ScriptWorx Script Management System

• New DNS Record template system

• Multi-domain management through SiteWorx (called Secondary Domains)

• New mail filter and Spam management tools in SiteWorx

• .htaccess file Directory Options interface in SiteWorx

• Supporting software updates (Horde, squirrelmail, phpMyAdmin)

For those of you who would like to help out by testing and reporting any problems you discover, the RC1 RPMS are available online here:

http://updates.interworx.com/iworx/RPMS/noarch/v3/RC1

You can upgrade an existing InterWorx 2.1.3 server with the following command:

rpm -Uvh http://updates.interworx.com/iworx/RPMS/noarch/v3/RC1/interworx-3.0.1-13.RC1.iworx.noarch.rpm \
http://updates.interworx.com/iworx/RPMS/noarch/v3/RC1/interworx-nodeworx-3.0.1-13.RC1.iworx.noarch.rpm \
http://updates.interworx.com/iworx/RPMS/noarch/v3/RC1/interworx-siteworx-3.0.1-13.RC1.iworx.noarch.rpm

Feel free to discuss any problems you run into here in this thread, or by e-mailing upgrade@interworx.com. If you need to get our attention as quickly as possible, opening a support ticket is the best method.

If you are installing this release on an InterWorx-CP cluster, the RPMS must be updated on all servers in the cluster. While not strictly necessary, we recommend you update the RPMS on the cluster manager server first, followed by each node in the cluster.

Note: This release (RC1) will NOT automatically update to your server. If you want to install and test it, manual intervention is required (see above).

Note: Upgrading to this release is not something you will be able to quickly or easily back out of. One of the worst things you could do if you run into a problem would be to panic and uninstall any or all of the InterWorx RPMS. Do not do this. If you have a critical problem, open a support ticket with us first.

Note: While we do feel this is a fairly stable release candidate, don’t forget it is a release candidate release. It’s possible you’ll run into a problem here and there. However, we do not expect there to be any MAJOR issues that will affect the critical operations of your server. This release has undergone vigorous internal testing to squash virtually all medium- and large-sized bugs.

Thanks in advance to any and all testers!

Paul

Ohhhhhh THANK YOU!!!

Hi

Really happy to know the V3 is released.

Few questions :

• What about the improvments about the API ? is there a new doc ? does all data of an accoount is now integrated in the API (birthday date, scriptworx, .etc) ?
  • What about the improvments with the cluster manager ? with a “lan” cluster ? does the upgrade is special with a cluster on a Lan ?

Thanks for your answer

Pascal

Exelent !!! :slight_smile:
few questions…

1 This its considered stable to install right now on production servers?

2 Sapnish langauge its available?

3 Its 100% compatible with modernbill iworx module?

4 I have pho 5.2 installed, this not create any interference?

5 Iworx site limits continue at 512 sites due apache limits etc etc?

6 install just need run this rpms? anyother task needed?

7 the backup its mproved? have interworx some feature for make complete bacup inluded resellers accounts and then restore all, without have create resllers manually?

8 its improved the way how iworx create on siteworx, the mail HD usage reports? improved for down the cpu usage that task create?

9 now interworx have dns tempate system available so i think can add in automatic way spf records, have some way to udate spf record in all sites already created?

10 how its improved the spam detection?

Please i apreciate if can repply this questions and if can make public more detailed info of this new version.

: )

[QUOTE=pascal;12142]Hi

Really happy to know the V3 is released.

Few questions :

• What about the improvments about the API ? is there a new doc ? does all data of an accoount is now integrated in the API (birthday date, scriptworx, .etc) ?[/quote]

API documentation hasn’t been updated. A lot of the things you saw from the API error codes are simply used by the current API functions, to improve error reporting, or are currently internal API functions used between boxes in a cluster.

Yes, you now have the option of putting the Quorum IP on a different primary interface. What this means is if you have two network cards, eth0 and eth1, you can choose to put the Quorum IP on eth1. However, the Quorum IP still MUST be the primary IP on the interface. It can not be placed on eth0:0 or eth1:4, it must be the IP on eth0 or eth1.

It’s a release candidate, so installing on a production server is at your own risk. See Paul’s last note in his original post.

I will be sending out a language diff of the new 3.0 entries to our translators shortly.

As Paul stated here, we don’t foresee any compatibility issues:
http://www.interworx.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1986

No, it should not cause any troubles.

Yes, this is an Apache limit, and the limit remains.

Following Paul’s instructions is all you need. There is an upgrade script that automatically gets run when you follow his instructions.

Yes, to both questions. Reseller info is now backed up into each account backup. When you import the account in NodeWorx, you have the option of choosing the reseller you want to import the account under, or tell NodeWorx to create the reseller that’s stored in the backup file.

Not exactly sure what you’re asking about here?

DNS templates have been added, to allow you to automatically create SPF records (and other DNS records) automatically for new accounts. There is not a means to go back and update already existing accounts.

InterWorx doesn’t directly have anything to do with spam detection, that’s SpamAssassin’s job. However, more spam control features have been added to SiteWorx (for example, allowing the SiteWorx account user to choose if mail should be tagged, delivered to a spam folder, or deleted automatically).

Thankyou for your repply:

Forgot about answer 8 : )

well i just need the translation tos psanish, after that its not available, imagine i cant upgarde, at this moemnt all servers have spanish translation i cant quit that feature…some idea when spanish file be available?

i hoppe soon.

I will send out the language diffs today, but our translators are InterWorx clients who have graciously volunteered their time and knowledge, so it’ll be done as soon as they each can complete it. Would you like me to send you the language diffs as well?

Shure, sendme, please !! : )

Well this is good news! For those that do not have the equipment, nor the time to test the RC candidate, is there a demo install someplace so that we can look around and get familiar with the new features?

I agree, a demo site would be great… would answer a lot of questions for everybody I think. I have a few questions that I won’t bore you with, but would be nice to check out for myself.

yep demo site be cool : )

another question ineterworx have now choose screen when cusotmer sopen /webmail?
They now see the 2 options avilable? :slight_smile:

InterWorx v.3 release candidate demo up! :slight_smile:

https://demo-iworx3.interworx.com:2443/nodeworx/

NodeWorx login:
username: demo-iworx3@interworx.com
password: demo

SiteWorx login:
username: demo-iworx3@interworx.com
password: demo
domain: demo-iworx3.interworx.com

I have installed the RC on a VPS and have a few questions:

1. is there a bandwidth history for siteworx accounts? (also the past month so I don’t have to check every last day of the month if somebody went over his limit)
  2. Related to #1: Does the reseller/server admin get an email when a siteworx account goes over his limit?
  3. Scriptworx: I assume that the scripts come later :wink:

That’s it for now :wink:

[QUOTE=WebXtrA;12162]I have installed the RC on a VPS and have a few questions:

1. is there a bandwidth history for siteworx accounts? (also the past month so I don’t have to check every last day of the month if somebody went over his limit)
  2. Related to #1: Does the reseller/server admin get an email when a siteworx account goes over his limit?
  3. Scriptworx: I assume that the scripts come later :wink:

That’s it for now ;)[/QUOTE]

1. Yes, there’s indeed bandwidth history for SiteWorx accounts (in Siteworx under Stats), and Bandwidth History for Resellers also (in NodeWorx under Resellers).
  2. No, the admin doesn’t get an e-mail at this point. But I agree they should.
  3. Scripts should be listed in the ScriptWorx section of NodeWorx - you have to download and enable the scripts you want available to SiteWorx users.

Paul

[QUOTE=IWorx-Socheat;12147]API documentation hasn’t been updated. A lot of the things you saw from the API error codes are simply used by the current API functions, to improve error reporting, or are currently internal API functions used between boxes in a cluster.
[/QUOTE]

Sorry but I don’t understand what you mean. I speak about API features, not error code (I don’t see error code that I don’t understand :slight_smile: )

For example.

In the siteworx.createaccount there is no variable for the birthday date and to enable/disable scriptworx : Do these variables have been added ?

Today you can’t modify an account from the API, is it possible now ?

See this post and what Chris told me about these questions
http://www.interworx.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1274

Pascal

About the V3 and the cluster :

-1- Does the users can add some subdomains from siteworx ?
-2- What about the domain pointers ?

Pascal

[QUOTE]Quote:
Originally Posted by Dj-Grobe View Post
7 the backup its mproved? have interworx some feature for make complete bacup inluded resellers accounts and then restore all, without have create resllers manually?

Yes, to both questions. Reseller info is now backed up into each account backup. When you import the account in NodeWorx, you have the option of choosing the reseller you want to import the account under, or tell NodeWorx to create the reseller that’s stored in the backup file.[/QUOTE]

Where could we find the doc for this ?

Also could you please send me the diff language file to allow me to add all V3 sentences in FR (I thought it what we’ve already done)

Thanks for everything

Pascal

Hi Pascal,

Regarding the API, unfortunately we weren’t able to get the new API functionliaty in that we wanted to just yet, so no, the birthday / billing date is not setable - although - if you e-mail me what client code you’re currently using, I may be able to help in this area.

-1- Does the users can add some subdomains from siteworx ?
-2- What about the domain pointers ?

Yes, users can add subdomains and pointer domains now in clusters, that limitation has been removed.

Paul

I’m not sure if all the docs for the new backup params are completed yet, I’ll let Socheat answer that one.

Paul