InterWorx-CP v2.0.0 Screenshots

godboko,

No frontpage or firewalls.

Firewall support will be in the following release and we may try for frontpage as well. frontpage and apache 2 have been a royal pain thus far.

Chris

Which firewall?

A custom one or something like APF? I have APF running now with 1.9.2 and it works great!

Also, any ideas on Java (JSP) support?
To me JSP would be a bigger priority than FrontPage, but I guess thats from my point of view as mainly a web develper and not solely hosting a lot of clients on my server.

We’ll be putting an iworx-cp interface over APF. We try, as always, to use the most known / liked software and put a clean face on it for those users who aren’t used to using it or would just rather use a nicer interface. You will still be able to edit everying via the command line as well, as always :).

If anyone has JSP / Servlets working on an iworx-cp box I’d be happy to check it out and possibly include it in the software. I’m not sure if it’ll make it into the next release otherwise but it will be there at some point.

Chris

I’m working on JSP for our box Chris, so if/when I get it working you can go in there and check everything out.

Good to hear Im not the only one that thinks this would be a nice addition. I really love PHP and PHP5 (which I don’t have on our server yet) seems like it is a lot better (with the OO and all). But I would really love to have the flexablity to program in either.

Hey Cris, thanks for the reply Frontpage is low on my list now.

Glad to hear a firewall will be included in the future.

Oh One thing I noticed on my box since using Interworx I have gone from normal memory loads to high memory loadfs and my pageviews DB usage and email usage has changed little since I have started using Interworx.

Just wondering if this is normal and if so if anything has been done for this latest release.

BTW I am still interersted in Beta Testing if you still need testers.

If you’re coming from a box without a control panel you’ll see a little more overhead but nothing to be worried of.

I’ll answer your PM wth BETA info this evening godboko.

Chris

I had cpanel on a server half has fast. I think it has to do with apache’s config, but not having luck finding any good tuts on optimizing it.

Anyway enough off topic stuff, thanks for taking the time to reply to my messages.

Sadly, PHPNuke is still a hugely popular CMS. I lean toward Drupal/CivicSpace these days :wink:

Oh, and Chris, you slowly winning me over to vBulletin. I’ve converted two of my phpBB forums to vBulletin and have a third liscence. I just haven’t decided which site to use it on :slight_smile:

How much does that cost? I really like using vBulletin better than PHPbb, but I also like the freeness part of the PHPbb :rolleyes:

The liscence cost is pro-rated based upon how many liscences you have/are buying, and there is a one year liscence or an owned liscence.

It’s not exactly cheap, which is why I’ve avoided it untill recently, but it is SO much more customizable. Simple Minds Forum is alo free, and has a lot of what vb has but I hate the admin interface :wink:

Check out their site vBilletin.com

Tim

v2 looks great folks! I am ready to get on board with Interworx and want to know how long you think it will take to get v2 out to your partners, specifically Sagonet as I am ready to go with a server from them. Or will an upgrade from v1.9 be a non-issue? Thanks and keep up the good work.

Chrimpson,

Upgarding from 1.9.2 is smooth but I’d wait until 2.0.0 is out to have the ssh JAILs setup by default. Upgrading from 1.9.2 need some manual fixing to get them working. And 2.0.0 will be out by Friday (6/3) at the latest.

Chris

hehe you’ve done a great works !!!

Do not forget to give me the new language file to allow me to translate the new data in french !!!

Could I have a beta access ?
Like this, I’ll change the french language file. (I have 2 boxes available for this). Also if I remember well Socheat or Paul gave me a long time ago a command to automaticly have the new data added and not translated. With this one I don’t have to read/update the full txt language file

Chris you should have my email. Send me an email if it is ok.

Great jobs

Pascal

I can testify to that. I’ve been trying to get that to work both from source and your RPM for quite a while now without success. Now that I have two servers and don’t need to wory about killing apache and shutting down “live” sites I can try it again.

I DID have it working on a single domain two servers ago but I’ll be danged if I can remember how I did it :-/

Will I have a surprise when I log into NodeWorx tomorrow morning? I may have trouble sleeping tonight :stuck_out_tongue:

Hope you like it Justin, the BETA is kick butt. :slight_smile:

Yeah, I tried to beta test, by I had problems with my box that I was using to beta test, so now I know what Im missing!!! :eek:

it won’t be long :slight_smile:

Chris ? Paul ?

Could I have at least the language file ?

Thanks

Pascal