Interworx Default New Domain Template & Php base_dir or Safemode

[SIZE=2]Alright, I am working with a client that is now using one account on[/SIZE][SIZE=2] hsphere[/SIZE][SIZE=2] to do all of their hosting. What they do is create new sites that use[/SIZE][SIZE=2] PMWiki[/SIZE][SIZE=2] and give users their own domains or[/SIZE][SIZE=2] sub domains[/SIZE][SIZE=2] to do things. They don’t have the ability to provide and/or manage email and their base directory is simply getting too big

So they want to move to a VPS and need a Control Panel.

My question is: Is it possible to have a “template” that will be created whenever someone installs something. AKA it will have[/SIZE][SIZE=2] PMWiki[/SIZE][SIZE=2] already installed.

Also, is it possible to put all of the major[/SIZE][SIZE=2]PMWiki[/SIZE][SIZE=2] tools in say /home/[/SIZE][SIZE=2]wiki[/SIZE][SIZE=2]/ and include them in all the sites, or will PHP balk at sites including files outside their home directory? Do we just need to give read/execute permissions to[/SIZE] files in that directory and it will be fine? Do we even need to do that? As long as people can’t write to that directory or rewrite those files it all should be good.
[SIZE=2]
So lets go over my question:[/SIZE][LIST=1]

• [SIZE=2]Is it possible to make it so only admins can add new domains/clients?[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=2]Is it possible to create a default directory structure for new clients?[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=2]Is it possible to have one directory from which PHP scripts can read but can not write to[/SIZE][/LIST]
    1. Is it possible to make it so only admins can add new domains/clients?

Yes, by default only admins can add domains to the system.

1. Is it possible to create a default directory structure for new clients?

Yes, a default dir structure can be auto-created but the wiki software won’t be fully installed if it uses any DBs at all for backed storage. If it’s just file-based then this shouldn’t be a problem.

1. Is it possible to have one directory from which PHP scripts can read but can not write to

Yes. You can simply do as you described and have a shared /home/wiki that is read-only (at least readable by the webserver user) and then simply set the PHP include_paths so that the /home/wiki dir is in the search path.

Chris

[SIZE=2]Response to #2 just sold me. PMWiki is plaintext db only.

I’ll grab a copy of Interworx from Steadfast for a VPS this week.

Add me to the list of users who would love to see Debian support in the not too distant future.

Thanks![/SIZE]