InterWorx Hosting Control Panel 4.5.0 Released!

We are happy to announce the release of InterWorx Hosting Control Panel 4.5.0.

All InterWorx servers that have auto-updates enabled can and should receive this update over the next 24 hours. The full changelog as always is located at http://www.interworx.com/changelog and this version’s changes are duplicated here.

version 4.5.0 build 317 (2010-07-30)
Features

• New "Quick Search" bar allows quick navigation in NodeWorx and SiteWorx.
  • "Quick SiteWorx Login / Edit" removed and replaced by "Quick Search" in NodeWorx.
  • New optional Large Icon interfaces for NodeWorx and SiteWorx (per-user setting).
  • New icons for both NodeWorx and SiteWorx menus.
  • Added "choose this one" buttons on the NodeWorx Themes and Languages pages.
  • Added disk quota configuration problem detector to NodeWorx system health page.
  • Added a "extra confirm" check-box to the reseller delete form.
  • Added support to Direct Admin importer to import e-mail account contents.
  • Added option to specify the trusted interfaces, and the untrusted interface, in the Firewall configuration in NodeWorx.
  • Added SiteWorx level problem detector system and notification system - bandwidth overage and storage limit notifications now use this new system.
  • Added SiteWorx level SSL certificate expiration notifications.
  • Users can now "opt out" of receiving e-mail notifications, via a link provided at the bottom of the notification e-mail (requires login).
  • Added new JSON output style for InterWorx Command Line interface ( -o json )
  • Improvements made to the NodeWorx SSL configuration page: [LIST]
  • Users can choose to restart the service immediately when the new certificate is installed.
  • Users can generate self-signed certs that are valid for more than 1 year.
  • Users can generate a self-signed cert and install it on services all in one step.
[/LIST]

Bug Fixes

• Fixed a typo in the cluster node delete form.
  • Improved validation of string inputs to block more out of bounds ascii characters, like the null char, etc.
  • Fixed a problem some servers had with tcp-based dns.
  • Improved speed of Dns Record Edit form with large number of records.
  • Fixed a problem with display of some e-mail message contents on the NodeWorx Mail Queue page.
  • Fixed a problem with adding SiteWorx accounts, as a reseller, with external mysql server configuration.
  • Made InterWorx provided themes not directly upgradable.
  • Fixed a problem with newest MySQL version support.
  • Made the NodeWorx Settings page fully translatable.

We hope you like it!

Paul

Paul, looks really NICE!

Quick question, how do you make the BIG icons default?

So far so good. Haven’t really got to check it out fully since I just moved to a new server and need break from nerdy stuff.

@R-n-R:

By editing your profile, you can set the “Menu Style” to big. In creating new users and SiteWorx accounts, the setting of the user creating the account becomes the default for the new account, unless changed as you create the account.

You can edit users and SiteWorx accounts to change individuals. If you’re looking to make a global change across an entire box, there’s no GUI for it, but it can be accomplished simply enough through accessing the InterWorx DB directly. Log a support ticket if you want more details there, we don’t want people mucking about too much!

Tim

for the Quick Search feature, currently if a domain is typed, the choices are Login and Edit. would be very helpful if Login is chosen, to open it in a new windows or tab instead of current window. because after i do things inside the Siteworx of the domain, hard for me to go back to Nodeworx.

Dont think this will work because of the sessions will it? All you have to do from SiteWorx is click Logout and it returns you, logged in, to NodeWorx…

well, what i “normally” do is just click on Siteworx/accounts, look for the domain using the search box, then after it lists the domain with DELETE, EDIT, SITEWORX on the left side. I right click on SITEWORX and click on open in new tab. after I do what i need to do in that domain’s siteworx (new tab), i just close the tab and I’m back to Nodeworx.

The danger of making it login to siteworx in a new window by default is that it seems to imply that you could login to two siteworx accounts simultaneously, and switch between them, making changes on the two accounts - when in fact, this won’t work. The account that was logged into “last” will take precedence. That’s why we’ve hesitated in opening siteworx in new windows by default so far.

Paul

You could just open the siteworx page in a new named window. thus if someones tries to open another siteworx page via the same method it will load into the already existing window.

[QUOTE=IWorx-Paul;17402]The danger of making it login to siteworx in a new window by default is that it seems to imply that you could login to two siteworx accounts simultaneously, and switch between them, making changes on the two accounts - when in fact, this won’t work. The account that was logged into “last” will take precedence. That’s why we’ve hesitated in opening siteworx in new windows by default so far.

Paul[/QUOTE]

Yeah, this would be a nice feature by using specific session cookies which relate to the siteworx account. My old work around was just using 2 different browsers, but now there is an even better / easier work around.

Using Google Chrome there is a feature called incognito window. This basically starts a “sandboxed” window which has none of the cache or cookies of the normal windows. So right clicking on the siteworx account and saying Open in new incognito window I can open as many as I want at the same time.

[QUOTE=Justec;17405]
Using Google Chrome there is a feature called incognito window. This basically starts a “sandboxed” window which has none of the cache or cookies of the normal windows. So right clicking on the siteworx account and saying Open in new incognito window I can open as many as I want at the same time.[/QUOTE]
You know I use Chrome about 10% of the time, and I did NOT know this. Sure enough its right there, for some reason never noticed it. This is really good to know, thanks Justin for sharing that info.

[QUOTE=Justec;17405]This basically starts a “sandboxed” window which has none of the cache or cookies of the normal windows. So right clicking on the siteworx account and saying Open in new incognito window I can open as many as I want at the same time.
[/QUOTE]

Excellent hacking Justec :slight_smile:

Paul

Glad I could help. I started using Chrome as my main browser after they finally added extensions. Got tired of Firefox going the way of Internet Explore, buggy and slow. Although at least Firefox supports standards.

[QUOTE=IWorx-Paul;17407]Excellent hacking Justec :slight_smile:

Paul[/QUOTE]

Thanks! :slight_smile: