interworx lifetime license

Hello,

I plan to buy a lifetime license of interworx. But I have few questions before.
First, how do we proceed for installation. Do we receive a cdrom via mail?

Does the number of server is limited? If I install it on a server this year and change of serve next year, does the license allowed me to do this?

And, when do you plan the french traduction of the pannel.

Thanks

There are 2 options here laid out on our install page (http://interworx.info/install). You can choose to do a 100% over-the-net install where you get all OS files + IWorx-CP files from us OR you can choose to install the base OS from a CDROM (not provided) and then run the iworx-cp installer after the OS is installed. All files you get from us will be delivered online.

Does the number of server is limited? If I install it on a server this year and change of serve next year, does the license allowed me to do this?

The number of instances of the software “alive” is limited. If you change servers and uninstall the software from the old server and use it only on the new server this is ok. You will have to contact us when you re-install so we can re-activate your license on the new IP.

And, when do you plan the french traduction of the pannel.

The French lang bundle will be out with the next release (slated for this month).

Chris

thanks,

now when you say minor updates and patchs. What is minor update and what is major updates?

Can we pay for update? If yes, which ammount. I ask it because, I plan to use this pannel for years to come and we do not have enough cash for paying the price/month every years.

Thanks

In our license, minor updates (technically minor version updates) is defined as updates where the secondary or tertiary version number is incremented (i.e. upgrading from 1.2.3 to 1.2.10 is a minor version update). Major version updates are those where the primary version number increments (i.e. 1.2.3 -> 2.0.1).

If you buy a license now we’re grandfathering in all one-time lics up to version 3.0 so you’ll get all 1.x updates, all 2.x updates up to 3.0. We will have some nominal fee you can pay to retain updates / support after your updates / support period with your owned lic is up. Prices are not solidified since we are months away from having anyone approach this limit but we’re toying with $50 / 6 months.

Chris

Hi,

I was wondering to know if manage a server with interworx requere skills in server managment.

Someone talk me of another pannel (I will not say the name here) who did the updates automatically.

Do interworx offer this option?

If I never manage a server, does interworx is a good choice?

Thanks

InterWorx integrates YUM (the Yellowdog Updater Module) which updates your RPM packages (software) automatically if you have the option turned on. This takes care of the vast majority of patches and updates; But you do need to know at least something about Linux to properly maintain your server.

It is possible to learn as you go (I have) but just remenber that you are still responsible for your box and everything on it and if YUM does not update you then you should do so manually. Be prepared to pay your data center (or an outside admin) any required support fees if something on the box gets screwed up beyond your ability to fix.

Also, make sure you do not use Red Hat 9 or any other Endo Of Life (EOL) distributions, since you won’t get very many updates through YUM. I recommend CentOS since it’s a free version of Red Hat Enterprise (designed for servers) and you get regular updates.

Tim

Thanks for answer,

here is my datacenter

http://servers.hostik.com/

Red Hat Enterprise Linux or
Fedora Project or
FreeBSD

They don’t say the number of version.

Generally when they don’s say the version is is the latest one; but NOT always. Contact them directly to find out for sure.

Of those I’d recommend Red Hat Enterprise (what CentOS is based upon) even if you have to pay more for it.

Currently InterWorx does not support FreeBSD (though it is coming), and I’ve heard a lot of mixed things about Fedora (particularly version 2) and while Chris could say more about how it works with InterWorx, I’ve heard there are significant bugs with it and CPanel.

Good Luck!