Interworx Smarty update

HI Michael
Jenna is a star…
On our production servers, we only use default themes, but as I posted earlier, it has an issue with Smarty 3.1 but not service affecting.
I have moved this into it’s own thread, as it is not connected to Mysql if you do not mind
Many thanks
John

Thanks John, great idea. I kinda hijacked my own thread :smiley:

Hi Michael

Haha like that one :slight_smile: never seen it before either, so your a trailblazer haha

IW-Tim has confirmed reproducible for my ticket, so hopefully should not be long

I do not think this will be for custom themes though, but as your is heliotrope with just pictures changed, I would think it should be fine for you.

I hope that helps a little

Many thanks

John

Yep, IW-Tim has confimed the bug with our adapted theme and we updated our themes now. For anybody else using custom themes, the new Smarty seems to be very picky about some syntax, so beware and check before updating or have a look at the current integrated themes for pointers and the correct .tpl-files.

FYI, we just encountered this issue. On the chance you want to still use your custom theme ;-), we found that the index.tpl file from heliotrope that we had been using in our custom theme was missing some quotes that smarty apparently decided it really needed in lines 17 and 39 – the include lines for header.tpl and footer.tpl, respectively. So {include file=header.tpl} should be {include file=“header.tpl”}, and same with the one for footer.tpl. This fixed the custom theme for both nodeworx and siteworx. Cheers.